possible permissions problem

More
03 May 2014 03:13 #46547 by acecore
I cant seem to get PnCConf to recognise the 5i25!
I downloaded boogie640's shell script and transfered it via usb as I have no net where linux machine is. The sh transfers the files to lib/firmware/hm2/5i25 but I cant open the file due to permissions(has an X on the folder) and pncconf will not show the 5i25 in the drop down box. I cant even delete the 5i25 folder to start again! Or copy over the files manually.
I have tried running sudo in a terminal but cant seem to get rid of the 5i25 folder

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 May 2014 17:58 #46552 by ArcEye
Replied by ArcEye on topic possible permissions problem
sudo chmod -R username:username /lib/firmware/hm2/5i25

Will set the whole folder and contents as owned by your user name, so it should be accessible.

I have tried running sudo in a terminal but cant seem to get rid of the 5i25 folder

Depending how you do it, you often cannot get rid of a folder until it is empty

regards

More
04 May 2014 03:26 #46560 by cmorley
sudo nautilus

in a terminal will give you a sudo point-and-click file manager, if that is easier.

Chris M

More
08 May 2014 15:15 #46710 by acecore
sorry for the late response. i have not been able to get back on the machine until this morning.

I managed to get rid of the folder but everytime i re-install it i seem to be still locked out of the folder i tried: sudo chmod -R username:username /lib/firmware/hm2/5i25 after installing the folder but terminal comes up with "chmod: invalid mode: username:username"

How to i run the shell in terminal at the moment i just used the point and click should i be doing it a different way?

More
08 May 2014 15:34 #46712 by acecore
No worrys guys think i just cracked it. But i dont know how!!
Just started everything from scratch and unzipped the 5i25 update folder in terminal
Think i have may also have confused myself with the admin desktop and the user desktop directories! (Where i first unzipped the update folder too)
Sorry i cant offer a better explanation as to what i was doing wrong! Just happy thats its now showing in PncConf

More
08 May 2014 18:16 - 08 May 2014 18:24 #46721 by acecore
Guys could you tell me.... Should i leave the PWM and PDM base fequency on there default settings in pncconf?
Ive changed the watchdog to 50000000 also

Scrap that just me being an idiot it blanks out the the PWM and PDM fields :blush:
Last edit: 08 May 2014 18:24 by acecore.

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds