Spindle not being enabled when running G-Code

More
09 Jun 2019 21:19 #136403 by HueyHQ
I am now dangerously close to making sawdust, with the axes moving correctly, homing, and tool changing, but the spindle doesn't fire up when running G-Code. I expect this is something quite fundamental, but the reason escapes me.

I would expect the 7i77 spinena pin to turn on when M3 is executed, but it does not, as confirmed with a multimeter.

I can operate the spindle manually via halrun, so I'm fairly sure that confirms the hardware is OK.

I suspect that it is my toolchange subroutine at fault, or I haven't correctly looped my toolchange HAL pins, but this is where I get stuck.

Could someone please look over my config to see where I have made a mistake? Thank you in advance.

Jon
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jun 2019 21:28 - 09 Jun 2019 21:29 #136404 by Grotius
@Mr, John Matrix,

Warning: Spoiler!

This one is working :
net spindle-manual-cw halui.spindle.0.forward
net spindle-manual-ccw halui.spindle.0.reverse

And this one is not working :
#net spindle-enable <= spindle.0.on
#net spindle-cw <= spindle.0.forward
#net spindle-ccw <= spindle.0.reverse

It could be that the # sign has to be removed at some lines to activate the signal's.
In hal you activated the signal spindle-manual-cw manually i guess to start the spindle?

I am now dangerously close to making sawdust,
I think you are close indeed !!
Last edit: 09 Jun 2019 21:29 by Grotius.

More
09 Jun 2019 21:50 #136406 by PCW
Yes, basically, needed connections are commented out or
have incorrect names. try the connections below:

net spindle-output => hm2_5i25.0.7i77.0.1.analogout5
net spindle-enable => hm2_5i25.0.7i77.0.1.spinena

# ---setup spindle control signals---

net spindle-output <= spindle.0.speed-out-abs
net spindle-enable <= spindle.0.on

More
09 Jun 2019 23:36 #136424 by tommylight
Also add the S value after the M3 as depending on how it is set up in hal it will not work without it.
M3 S6000

More
10 Jun 2019 09:52 #136453 by HueyHQ
Thanks guys. I commented out that block because, at first glance, I thought they were all related to spindle encoder - should have looked more closely!
I'll give it go when I get home from my work trip. Can't wait, getting pumped about it!

Also add the S value after the M3 as depending on how it is set up in hal it will not work without it.
M3 S6000

Tommy: I looked into that, and consulted the G Code Overview -> Order of Execution , which I interpreted as the S value gets executed before the M3 regardless of order on the line - have I got that wrong? I am curious about the HAL setup you mention; is that something else I've done? But certainly something else I'll look at, cheers.

More
11 Jun 2019 03:12 #136535 by tommylight
Linuxcnc can be set up to use Spindle_on that requires only M3 to run the spindle or spindle_CV /spindle_ccv that requires also the S value.
Also if you removed parts pertaining to spindle encoder, there should be a line that has to be changed so the feedback from it is looped to the spindle_at_speed pin, or you can test it by just setting spindle _at_speed to true.

More
11 Jun 2019 03:24 #136538 by HueyHQ
OK, thanks - I think I get it now (but we'll see).

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds