PNCCONF doesn't set HOME_SEARCH_VEL, etc. in .ini

More
17 Aug 2021 00:16 #217936 by dokwine
I'm sure I'll hate myself when I learn what I've missed, but...

As part of my update from 2.7 to 2.8 I decided to start from scratch with pncconf. I found an old version of original pncconf files and have been crosschecking the output against the .ini and .hal hand-edited files I've been using these past years. So far the ini and hal make sense, but the home search sequence stuff is missing from the ini. I'm running ClearPath S&D servos with self-homing, so I set a search sequence of 1 with velocity 0 on all axis so I can use "home all". 

In pncconf, I can set the search sequence, but I note that the velocity and latch velocity are greyed-out and cannot be changed. They're non-zero so I don't care - I'll edit them in the ini later anyway, but there are no entries in the .ini. Of course I can put them in, but I'm trying to get as far as possible with pnccong before I start the hand edits. Seems like I'm missing something.

Thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Aug 2021 00:42 - 17 Aug 2021 01:04 #217937 by phillc54
You don't seem to have any home switches defined.
Last edit: 17 Aug 2021 01:04 by phillc54.

More
17 Aug 2021 01:45 #217939 by dokwine
Thanks for the reply.

I buy that, but where in pncconf did I miss setting them? In the Mesa iO config?

More
17 Aug 2021 01:49 #217940 by phillc54
Yes, probably this page:
Warning: Spoiler!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: dokwine

More
17 Aug 2021 01:57 #217941 by dokwine
Yup, there it was. Hadn’t done this before as I don’t really have home switches. Must’ve put them in manually before.

Thanks so much!

Ron
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds