Pncconf qtplasmac

More
19 Nov 2021 15:05 #226989 by paulsao
Pncconf qtplasmac was created by paulsao
Hi everyone.
I have debian 10 and linuxcnc 2.9 I want to run pncconf in the Qt version to configure Qtplasmac but when I run the pncconf command in the terminal the old wizard opens and not the qtplasmac one, someone could help me

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Nov 2021 15:30 #226990 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic Pncconf qtplasmac
There is not a pncconf that is specific to QtPlasmaC. It was added to the GUI Screen List.

You will find it in the drop down below:

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: paulsao

More
19 Nov 2021 15:34 #226991 by paulsao
Replied by paulsao on topic Pncconf qtplasmac
Oh no how could I have skipped that option , thanks for helping me.

More
19 Nov 2021 15:48 #226992 by paulsao
Where do the thcad configuration windows appear as the frequency? , because I finished the configuration

More
19 Nov 2021 16:00 #226993 by snowgoer540
That's listed where the encoders are:

Attachments:

More
19 Nov 2021 16:57 #227000 by paulsao
I made a new configuration with pncconf to correct the problem I have about the ohmic test that when I press it, the z axis does not move but everything remains the same. Maybe I am missing something if you were so kind to help me please.

More
19 Nov 2021 22:47 #227032 by snowgoer540
The Ohmic Test button will not cause the Z Axis to move.  It is just used to see if the tip is shorted, or that the ohmic loop is currently "shorted".  This normally occurs via water in the tip on a water table.  

In a normal table where everything is operating correctly, pressing Ohmic Test will cause nothing to happen. If the tip is shorted on the same table, via water, dross, etc. the OHMIC light will light up, letting you know to fix the situation.  
The following user(s) said Thank You: paulsao

More
19 Nov 2021 23:30 #227036 by paulsao
If the truth was confused, now hypersensing with ohmic is working, do you know if there is any difference with Ohmic3 is it worth using? And I am also doing the probe test but the probe touches and it takes time to rise again quickly.

More
19 Nov 2021 23:51 #227037 by snowgoer540
Rod will have to chime in here, but ohmic3 attempted to use a moving-average algorithm to increase the tolerance with water from a water table and give less false positives, etc.  

I moved away from the THCAD version of ohmic sensing, as after a ton of testing, I found it to be overly complicated from a software and setup standpoint, and unreliable.  I found the most effective method of water tolerance to come from changing the resistor value.  Further, I had issues with it "building a charge" and giving false positives.  I moved over to ohmic sensing with 2 simple relays (arguably could be done with one), and have had no issues.  It's also supported by QtPlasmaC natively.

There's always more than one way to solve a problem I reckon.

More
20 Nov 2021 01:22 #227038 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Pncconf qtplasmac

If the truth was confused, now hypersensing with ohmic is working, do you know if there is any difference with Ohmic3 is it worth using? And I am also doing the probe test but the probe touches and it takes time to rise again quickly.

If Ohmic is working for you, I would leave it at that.

Ohmic3 was written in response to guys using Hypertherm 45XP's on a water table. They found that water entered the tip and shorted it out meaning ohmic sensing did not work.  My machine was not as susceptible to this.This is not specific to sensing with the thcad. (ASIDE: One of the reasons the pulse torch button is there is to allow you to get airflow going before starting a program to deal with this - c/- islander261 on this forum).

When the torch is wet inside, there can be a very low voltage hysteresis (<0.2 v) between the on and off state and it was hard to configure the voltage on and off thresholds in Ohmic3 to get reliable sensing. Its certainly not possible with a conventional relay which often have < 10v hysteresis between on and off states.

Ohmic3 uses moving averages and dispenses with the need to specify a low voltage threshold. When Ohmic 3 sees the on threshold crossed, it records the peak voltage and moving average seen. When the voltage falls below the moving average (which will be lower than the actual voltage), the probe signal breaks. The circuit was modified to include a 25k 5 W resistor to increase the high/low hysteresis per PCW's suggestion.

The following user(s) said Thank You: paulsao, MARCOS ROGERIO

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds