7i92 alternative configurations

More
15 Apr 2022 07:47 #240293 by mariusl
I am trying to configure a 7i92 with n configuration that tailored for a general parport BOB. I have a stepgen for charge pump on pin 1 of the DB25 and the rest is standard.
The problem is that the wizard only has a G540 option and this does not reflect the pin status of the firmware that is loaded in the 7i92.
Is there a way that one can get alternative option on the selection of the wizard?

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Apr 2022 11:23 #240309 by mariusl
Ok so I found the Discovery feature of PnCConf. That works great thanks @Chris.
Please don't remove PnCConf from the bundle. It is very useful especially with the discovery feature.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
15 Apr 2022 14:00 #240317 by robertspark
this post (not the rest of the thread!! just this post) may help you

forum.linuxcnc.org/39-pncconf/45604-new-...athe?start=20#240310

More
15 Apr 2022 14:37 #240318 by mariusl
Hi Robert
Thanks for the link. I did find a solution in the end. I modified and recompiled the bit configuration of the 7i92_5ABOBx2D.bit to suit my needs.
I have a stepgen on pin 1 as charge pump and I arranged the rest of the stepgens to suit my machine pinout requirements. I used a simple 4 axis trivkins setup but enabled a standalone stepgen to mirror the X axis stepgen thus giving me a simple slave axis. This way I can change the direction polarity as well.

The end result as a drop-in replacement for a Mach3 setup that still runs on the original BOB hardware but have a 7i92 installed in place of the old parport. And offcoarse Linuxcnc.

Took me three days of struggle (I am getting slow) but worth it in the end.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds