7i97 configuration utilities that actually work ?

More
09 Oct 2022 19:45 #253820 by smc.collins
I can't find a conclusive answer and my attempts to install version 2.9 have been met with failure due to broken dependencies. I have on hand a 7i97 and a 7i76 for my lathe. Whats the solution ? 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Oct 2022 01:09 #253840 by PCW
2.8.4 should work, but I don''t know if there are any GUI configuration utilities
that work for the 7I97. There is a sample 7I97 configuration file set in the 7i97,zip
support package (basic7i97.zip)

More
10 Oct 2022 02:05 #253842 by smc.collins
I am sitting here reading the documentation on how to edit hal/ini files. There is a sample config, but I need to be able to use IO on another card as well. I have the card and the cable. After that, I am not sure how I am going to handle the ladder programming for the tool changes. I also need to have a lube pump activate etc.

More
16 Oct 2022 01:59 #254202 by smc.collins
how do I configure the second card that's attached with the cable on the 7i97 ? or how do I address the card ? I've been searching for examples but have found none

More
16 Oct 2022 13:35 #254220 by PCW
What second card?

More
16 Oct 2022 14:52 #254230 by smc.collins
I have a 7i76d that I need to use for IO, this lathe has 16 solenoids I need to control, multiple pumps, and that's without accounting for the pressure switches etc.

I've started reading up on how to work with Hal, but to be honest. I need this machine to run faster than my ability to learn Hal and ladder. If you know of someone willing to exchange some $ for some configuration and plc work, I will pay

More
16 Oct 2022 15:06 #254233 by PCW
Do you have the proper firmware installed in the 7I97?
( 7i97_7i76d.bit )

This is required as a first step

Once this is done and the 7I76D is connected and powered you can list
all available I/O points with:

halcmd show pin hm2

(when linuxCNC is running)

At this point, for simple I/O you just need to connect linuxCNC pins to I/Os pin in hal,
basically a set of

net somesignalname linuxcnc_pin 7i76IO_pin

statements

More
16 Oct 2022 18:10 #254246 by smc.collins
I am wiring up the last bits today and making the required documentation to sit down and do the configuration. I need things that are probably a bit more complex than connecting pins however.

I need my hydraulic power unit to power down when the machine isn't running. I need the controls to wait until pressure is at the proper value " I have pressure sensors" etc

I have a 2 speed gear box with confirmation switches and a BCD switch array hydraulic turret which I am sure will need timing adjustments to get working properly.

It's more a time rather than a ability thing for me at the moment. I just can't spare the time I need to learn everything I need to learn at this moment to do this configuration on my own. I have some personal matter I have to deal with and 3 more sick machines behind this one to get up and running parts for the new bicycle business. We lost access to our foreign vendor for machine work.

As I said, I am willing to pay someone to help me get this machine up and running, if you need some $$$$ for your time that's absolutely understandable. I am not asking anyone to work for free. I can send the configuration of the hardware attached. I am fleshing out the basics of the configuration today. Drive enables, encoders etc.

I am sure I can handle the tuning and calibration side. It's the amount of functions this machine has which leave me feeling uneasy, and if it crashes, it won't be cheap to fix.

If you can't or don't have time, please refer me to someone who does. This is a very hot issue for me at the moment.

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds