Scale

More
24 Mar 2023 20:28 #267419 by Jdog
Scale was created by Jdog
Hello again. I have a few questions and hoping someone can help. In the pnc conf wizard i managed to get all my axis moving however when i calculate my setup, the number i enter in stepper scale is way off from the actual distance that everything is moving.
i have Nema 23 motors 200 step per rev with micro stepping set at (8) 1600. A 15 tooth 20 pitch pinion gear that is direct drive to the rack. 
My gear OD is 0.85 and pitch diameter is 0.75. If I'm calculating this right I'm getting 2.356 inch per rev. and my step scale should be set at 509.296. To get an actual true measurement (or very close) with my X and Y axis my stepper scale after playing around with numbers ends up being 679.500.
My drivers are DM542T
The Step on time is set to 10,0000 on X, 8000 on Y
Step space is same as above.
Direction hold is 10,0000 for X & Y
Direction setup is 10,000 for X & Y
I have not played around with these numbers to much yet since everything seems to be moving fine. I have changed velocity and acceleration values but distance stays consistent with step scale set at 679.500. I would like to continue with plasmac config however i read that everything should be calibrated prior to moving forward because of changes being harder to make afterwards. I'm sure i overlooked or calculated something wrong however any help with my base setup would be appreciated.  

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Mar 2023 20:31 #267498 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Scale
Whenever i used rack and pinion, i MDI the machine to its maximum extents and measure with at least 3 measuring tapes, while adjusting the scale.
Had no info on gearing, so this works fine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds