7i48 firmware

More
18 Apr 2011 21:24 #9062 by fabworx
7i48 firmware was created by fabworx
ok i have the firmware, thanx to jeff epler. its installed using the package manager. now how do i get the new firmware to be recognized by pncconf in its pop up list. thanx guys for the help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Apr 2011 00:47 #9068 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic Re:7i48 firmware
Well unless you using EMC 2.5 (not released yet) then nothing earlier versions of PNCconf do not look for firmware.
If you are using 2.5 then if there is an XML file for the firmware PNCconf should find it.
There is a firmware for the 5i20 called SV12_2X7i48_72 that PNCconf will find.

One thing to note PNCconf only partially supports the 7i48 - you can only configure the first set of encoders.

More
19 Apr 2011 15:19 #9088 by fabworx
Replied by fabworx on topic Re:7i48 firmware
im lost what do you mean first set of encoders? i only need 5 total. one for spindle, x,y,z, and a. i was able to configure those in the pncconf, well i thought i did any way.

More
20 Apr 2011 00:39 #9147 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic Re:7i48 firmware
The 7i48 can do up to 12 encoder. Due to techinical reasons, PNCconf will only configure the first six (you won't even see the other six)
The other six (if needed) would need to be manually configured in a custom HAL file.

More
20 Apr 2011 01:07 #9150 by fabworx
Replied by fabworx on topic Re:7i48 firmware
sweet im good to go then thanx chris. you will probably be hearing alot more from me im curretly stuck with classic ladder.

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds