subroutine file location

More
07 Jul 2011 11:27 #11218 by btvpimill
I know I am supposed to place sub's in the folder pointed to by Program_prefix, But is there a way to have them somewhere else without changing the program_prefix?

I feel like I read somewhere (but for the life in me can't find it now) that you could put the path in the call. So for instance, lets say _prefix points to a folder named NGC. and in that folder I have another called util. could I call a sub with something like:

o<util/name> call?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jul 2011 11:41 #11220 by BigJohnT
In 2.4.x you have to put all the files in folder pointed to by Program_prefix. When 2.5 comes out one day you have more options.

John

More
07 Jul 2011 11:47 #11221 by btvpimill
Thanks BigJohn :)

More
07 Jul 2011 16:35 - 07 Jul 2011 16:36 #11230 by ArcEye
Replied by ArcEye on topic Re:subroutine file location

I know I am supposed to place sub's in the folder pointed to by Program_prefix, But is there a way to have them somewhere else without changing the program_prefix?

The best method of avoiding madness I have come up with to date, is to sub-divide all my routines into categories with their own sub-directories and put sym-links from them to the directory specified in PROGRAM_PREFIX (which is itself a sym-link because it is on another physical drive)

When ever I do maintainence or make changes I use the actual file in its categorised sub-directory, so it doesn't matter that the directory specified in PROGRAM_PREFIX is like a dogs breakfast

regards
Last edit: 07 Jul 2011 16:36 by ArcEye. Reason: smilie faces gone on strike

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds