How to the *.ini not in "My Configuration" list?

More
28 Jan 2014 06:37 - 28 Jan 2014 13:53 #43252 by rggrieger
I found ngcgui2.5.ini in ~/linuxcnc/ngcgui_tst directory and want to know how to use it. I can substitute it for the ngcgui-1 ini page but I think it may add to my confusion. My reason for doing this is to use the ngcgui_tst/testsuite2.3/*.ngc files. This files are supposed to have additional info for users.

There is mention of users making up versions of LinuxCNC to suit themselves and I wonder how this is done in a simple way. I do not see a way for users to add their version to the "My Configuration" list and I do not think this is a way to do it for me.

I am tentatively looking for a standalone version of LinuxCNC that I can create a desktop icon for and start a new version with it. I already to this for the "My Configuration" versions of interest to me.

I have more questions on using the ngcgui tab but let me get this answer first. All my file tabs work and I can successfully use several subs to make one program.

Thanks for your help,

P.S. I found the answer per linuxcnc.org/hardy/dapper/emc2/emc2/inde...figuration-locations

It is simple! Copy a folder that works, e.g.-, ~/linuxcnc/configs/sim/ngcgui-1 into the parent sim directory. I made a copy of ngcgui-1 >> ngcgui-bob. I started LinuxCNC and ngcgui-bob is now in the "My Configuation" list. Now all I have to do is replace the ngcgui-1.ini with the ini file of interest. Right now I want to try ngcgui_tst2.5.ini.

Bob
Last edit: 28 Jan 2014 13:53 by rggrieger. Reason: Found the answer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds