Remapped M6 hangs

More
16 Mar 2023 20:54 - 16 Mar 2023 20:58 #266864 by nwallace
Remapped M6 hangs was created by nwallace
I am currently working on remapping m6 to work with an existing tool changer on a CNC router. I am using classicladder to control the atc and everything is working there. It properly rotates to the right tool pockets when the right digital I/O is triggered. I have written a change.ngc file to handle the tool change and am having difficulty getting it to work. Running tX m6 from mdi results in a forever running macro. You can interupt it but you need to restart linuxcnc afterward in order to use mdi again. I have started linuxcnc from the command line and I get no errors when I attempt to run an m6. I added a bunch of (print, ...) comments to see if I could find out where it would stop working but none of them show in the terminal window. Here is my m6 code (change.ngc) as well as my ini.

change.ngc
Warning: Spoiler!

INI file
Warning: Spoiler!

As far as I can tell, this should work. Obviously, I am wrong. I have read through all the documentation on o-codes and remaps and think I have a pretty good understanding of it. I assume I have missed something small or my understanding of how a remap works is flawed in some way. I would appreciate any help I can get. 
Last edit: 16 Mar 2023 20:58 by nwallace. Reason: fix formating

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Mar 2023 01:15 #266875 by nwallace
Replied by nwallace on topic Remapped M6 hangs
I feel silly. The problem was that I had not connected the iocontrol tool-prepare pin to the tool-prepared pin. The system was just waiting for a signal that the tool was ready.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds