Resize ngcgui tab contents in axis?

More
05 Mar 2011 08:59 #7593 by Pilotltd
Trying to resize the ngcgui tab contents when embedded in axis without any sucess. Resizing the font doesn't work - one reason is the font defined in the files is helvetica, it's not in the fonts on 10.04? Tried renaming to to Sans - still nothing. Have changed all instances I can find in the ini and tcl files, but the font and the size stay the same :(

Any ideas where else to look?

Thanks

Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Mar 2011 13:25 #7597 by BigJohnT
That might be something inside of Axis that controls the font size... and I'm just guessing.

I can ask Dewey as soon as my internet comes back up (on dial up atm and only this computer connects).

John

More
05 Mar 2011 20:18 #7598 by Pilotltd
Thanks John - looks like the tabs internally are using a different larger font to axis itself so not sure where to look.

Steve

More
05 Mar 2011 22:34 #7604 by BigJohnT
I just caught what you were asking, you want to change the font of the tabs not ngcgui. The ngcgui font as I assume you figured out is in the ini file. Are you wanting to make the tab font bigger or smaller, just wondering...

John

More
06 Mar 2011 09:00 #7605 by Pilotltd
BigJohnT wrote:

I just caught what you were asking, you want to change the font of the tabs not ngcgui. The ngcgui font as I assume you figured out is in the ini file. Are you wanting to make the tab font bigger or smaller, just wondering...

John

Hi John - it's the font within the tabs - the tabs themselves are too big to fit everything in. For instance on the OD tab there are two positional parameters 11 & 12 - I can't see what they are.

Screen grab shows what I mean.
Attachments:

More
06 Mar 2011 13:32 - 06 Mar 2011 13:35 #7606 by BigJohnT
That is the ini setting. Look in the README file:

www.panix.com/~dgarrett/ngcgui/README

Look by the options section for font.

Also you need to make the Axis screen wider to see 11 and 12. There is a way in 10.04 I think to define the default screen size for axis but it escapes me at the moment.

John
Last edit: 06 Mar 2011 13:35 by BigJohnT.

More
06 Mar 2011 16:20 #7607 by Pilotltd
BigJohnT wrote:

That is the ini setting. Look in the README file:

www.panix.com/~dgarrett/ngcgui/README

Look by the options section for font.

Also you need to make the Axis screen wider to see 11 and 12. There is a way in 10.04 I think to define the default screen size for axis but it escapes me at the moment.

John

Hi John - the ini file contains

NGCGUI_FONT = Sans -8 normal

The default was

NGCGUI_FONT = Helvetica -10 normal

the font options does absolutely nothing here. I can change the font size or type in the ini file without any effect whatsoever?

I thought the problem was because there is no helvetica font in Ubuntu 10.04, so I changed it to Sans (which does exist) and that does nothing either.

Can't make axis wider, that's full screen :(

Steve

More
06 Mar 2011 16:27 #7608 by Pilotltd
Got it - removing everything after NGCGUI_FONT =
works. That line has no option and now works - yipee :)

Time to create page: 0.133 seconds