Custom GUI Manual and Automatic mode Power Laser

More
07 Nov 2012 03:29 #26310 by diegoroman17
Hi everybody,

I am controlling the power laser machine with S command. Now I need to can elect between a automatic mode power laser and manual ṕower laser. In Automatic the power that I send of my CAM Software through S Command, and a Manual mode that is a especific power inside my Custom GUI. In Manual Mode the power laser ignore G code of S Command and only set the specific power of my Custom GUI. How I can do it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Nov 2012 17:26 #26332 by ArcEye

In Manual Mode the power laser ignore G code of S Command and only set the specific power of my Custom GUI. How I can do it?

Why not use the output of the GUI to set the S value, then you don't have to do the same thing 2 different ways?

More
07 Nov 2012 23:25 #26345 by diegoroman17
How can I set S command from GUI? If my code G already has S commands...

More
08 Nov 2012 00:17 #26346 by ArcEye

How can I set S command from GUI?

We have no idea what your GUI consists of.
Read up on halui, you can pass any MDI command simply by activating a pin and can increment and decrement the spindle directly.
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.5/html/gui/halui.html

If my code G already has S commands...

Not sure what this means.
If you are in manual mode it is irrelevant what S values are set in your G code file.
The next Snnn call overrides anything before it.

regards

More
08 Nov 2012 14:43 #26361 by cmorley
I think he means he wishes to run a program so the axes move in auto mode but the laser power will have the option to either follow the S code or follow his manual rate.

If you made a gladeVCP panel with a spinbutton (for manual power rate) and a toggle button (for manual/auto power control selection)
then connect the spindle speed output pin and the spinbutton to an OR component and the OR output to the laser you would have what you want.

Is this what you are wanting?

More
10 Nov 2012 02:54 #26418 by diegoroman17
Is OR component equal to OR gate? OR gate don't admit inputs float. You have the idea of that I want to do. I think that a HAL selector component is the solution. It component exist?

More
11 Nov 2012 08:37 #26442 by andypugh

Is OR component equal to OR gate? OR gate don't admit inputs float. You have the idea of that I want to do. I think that a HAL selector component is the solution. It component exist?

Look at mux2

More
12 Nov 2012 22:41 #26487 by diegoroman17

Why not use the output of the GUI to set the S value, then you don't have to do the same thing 2 different ways?

It is not possible because I send different power laser in different layer.

Look a mux2

It is the solution!!! :) Thanks

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds