Elapsed time, remaining time and elapsed percent

More
31 Dec 2012 23:11 #28232 by diegoroman17
Hi everybody,

I want add to my gui the possibility to see the elapsed time, remaining time, elapsed percent and the number of repetitions that do a machining. Is posible this?

Happy New Year

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jan 2013 00:00 #28234 by BigJohnT
Cycle time is rather simple by using the time component. The rest are not so easy. To find out the the time it takes to run a program you have to run it as there is no way to calculate it based on the G code alone. You have to take into account acceleration and blending to get the exact time to run. Once you find the actual run time I'm sure you could plug that in and subtract the current run time from the expected run time.

John

More
01 Jan 2013 00:08 #28236 by diegoroman17
I understand but I donĀ“t need a elapsed percent very precise. A need only a very simple estimation without considering the acceleration or other dynamic variables.

More
01 Jan 2013 00:59 #28239 by BigJohnT
After you open a G code file under File Properties it gives the time for the sum of the feed and rapid moves which will be faster than the machine can run. Depending on the exact nature of the G code and the machine sometimes this number can be close to actual. IIRC Axis runs the G code through something to get this number I don't know if the python interface cycle_time status is the same or not... I can't check it now. Another option is to put the properties number in a spin box and do the math from the cycle timer output.

John

More
01 Jan 2013 12:02 #28246 by Todd Zuercher
Another way to approach this, would be to have an elapsed time from the time.comp, but use the number of lines in your file and the current line number to create a percentage of the file completed (maybe with a sider bar for a graphical representation). Subprograms may mess with its accuracy, but I don't see another approach that they would not screw with.

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds