BrendaEM's Graphic User Interface Design (SVG) Proposal - Source Files

More
21 Oct 2018 22:51 - 24 Oct 2018 19:46 #119178 by BrendaEM
Attached is the scalable vector graphics (.SVG ) source file for the User Interface I proposed for LinuxCNC.
I appreciate the help of many of the LinuxCNC forum members.

Thank you.

Inkscape 0.92.3 was used in the creation of the interface.
inkscape.org/

If you are new to Inkscape or SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) these are the source files somewhat like Adobe Illustrator from which bitmap icons, like Photoshop files, can be made of almost any resolution or size, from large or small. There are about a dozen layers which can be hidden or shown, locked or unlocked, in different combinations which make up the interface panel drawings, which largely follow the interface design.

Although the drawing of the interface drawing method is resolution independent, the interface is numerically scaled for a 1920 x 1080 proportion screen so that a programmer will have be able to refer to the file for approximate icon locations--even though the icon could be scaled and exported for a 4k screen, a billboard, or a postage stamp. The svg file format is very much like Adobe Illustrator, or a 2-D CAD program.

Several free and open OpenSans fonts are used throughout the interface. If you don't install them, font sizes will likely not be correct. I tried to include them, but the resultant file was too large to be uploaded here. They can be downloaded individually, or found elsewhere.
OpenSans on Github: github.com/google/fonts/tree/master/apache/opensans

Donations might be sent for LinuxCNC. Ask on the forums. I am sure they have web expenses for this forum.
My Patreon link, if you want to tip me: www.patreon.com/brendaem

I started this project to help LinuxCNC. The applied Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/ license reflects that. I chose this particular license to give LinuxCNC time to develop the interface--without it being encumbered by outside influences.
creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/

Edit: Thanks Tommylight and Andypugh for pointing out and covering for my documentation omission.
Attachments:
Last edit: 24 Oct 2018 19:46 by BrendaEM.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, emilvv, JohnnyCNC, Immutef, Sofagris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Oct 2018 04:50 #119319 by emilvv
Is this all screens or just one ??? Why ??
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
24 Oct 2018 13:06 #119333 by andypugh
All the screens are there in separate layers of the SVG.

If you open the .svg file in Inkscape you can turn on and off layer visibility using the layers pallette (Ctrl-Shift-L)
The following user(s) said Thank You: emilvv, BrendaEM

More
24 Oct 2018 16:52 #119349 by BrendaEM
I edited the original to make things clearer. I am sorry for any problem I've caused.
Thanks for bringing it to my attention Tommylight, and and for helping clear up my omission Andypugh : )
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, buckaboobob

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds