Modification of TkLinuxCNC gui

More
08 Feb 2019 10:23 #125990 by milan21
I’ve been using EMC since the beginning, now Linux CNC, for a long time without problems. I’ve been using TkEMC GUI, now TkLinuxCNC. I use TkEMC because it is faster (I don’t need accelerated graphics), it is ergonomical and has everything I need. However, in the latest version of LinuxCNC a change has happened which I’ve noticed after an update – the feed override slider no longer changes G1 and G0 as it did before, but only G1, it does not change G0 which makes setting up the machine problematic. The GUI Axis has two sliders, so that’s not a problem, but I can not easily run script Set_Coordinates with it.
Because of that, I’ll need to edit TKLinuxCNC to have the feed override slider the same function as before (as in version 2.6 for example, setting both G0 and G1) or two sliders as Axis has.
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Feb 2019 10:37 #125993 by BigJohnT
That was not a change to TkLinuxCNC but a change in LinuxCNC IIRC.

You could build a similar GUI using QtPyVCP in a very short time and have it exactly as you wish or learn the Tk language and modify TkLinuxCNC.

JT

More
08 Feb 2019 13:03 - 08 Feb 2019 13:19 #125998 by BigJohnT
Just for fun this morning and I was surprised it took twice as long to copy a GUI as it took me to just make one as I went along lol but anyway here is an almost complete TkEMC Gui. And I put it in my github repository here . It has a few minor things left to sort out but the basics are there.

JT
Last edit: 08 Feb 2019 13:19 by BigJohnT.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lcvette, KCJ

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds