External HMI

More
05 Jul 2023 05:39 #274805 by yostone
External HMI was created by yostone
Good morning,
I am looking for a way to develop an HMI under Windows allowing to take control of linuxCNC by network.
At SIEMENS with an 840D we can fully develop an HMI under windows allowing to send programs to change tools and to display the XYZ values ​​etc... Is it possible with LinuxCNC?

THANKS.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jul 2023 06:11 - 05 Jul 2023 06:20 #274806 by rmu
Replied by rmu on topic External HMI
I don't know if that is really feasible or why you would want to do that but maybe this thread forum.linuxcnc.org/41-guis/37489-java-ui-for-linuxcnc can give you some clues of what would be involved.

If you just want to change tools or display position maybe there are easier ways to do that. forum.linuxcnc.org/10-advanced-configura...splay-some-questions
Last edit: 05 Jul 2023 06:20 by rmu.

More
05 Jul 2023 06:54 #274810 by yostone
Replied by yostone on topic External HMI
I have developed a fairly advanced HMI that works with an 840D and I would like to make it work on linuxCNC.

More
05 Jul 2023 08:59 #274817 by rmu
Replied by rmu on topic External HMI
Architecture of this github.com/machinekit/QtQuickVcp might also give some clues as to how such a remote GUI can be implemented. Basically instead of a traditional GUI, some kind of RPC wrapper is running on / with linuxcnc, and remote GUI is communicating via some RPC mechanism (probably based on zeroMQ and protobuf, but not sure). Machinekit is a fork of linuxcnc.

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds