Program skips lines and continues to run without error message

More
14 Jan 2021 11:57 - 17 Jan 2021 18:17 #195305 by Matthias Lönartz
Hallo,
ich habe eine modifizierte CNC-Step HighZ-1000T mit der standard Zero 3 Steuerung an einem Mini-PC mit Parallelschnittstelle (AMD Sempron, 4GB DDRIII, 120GB SSD, HDMI, USB 3.0, HD8280 Radeon) mit LinuxCNC 2.6

Und eine neue (Ersatz) Steuerung bestehend aus einem RPi4 4GB und einer Mesa 7i92 mit dem RPi-Image V. 2.8.

Beides läuft (wobei die Mesa vom Klang her viel sauberer läuft), ich hatte aber bei beiden das gleiche Problem, als beim Mini-PC die SSD voll lief (Lost+Found Ordner wurde leider vom Dateimanager nicht angezeigt) wurden um so knapper es wurde immer öfter Zeilen des Programms übersprungen, ohne Fehlermeldung oder Abbruch, was eigentlich nicht möglich sein sollte?

Beim frisch installierten Raspberry kam das schon nach 1,5 Durchläufen vor, ich habe jetzt die Sandisk Ultra 32GB gegen eine Extreme Pro 64GB ersetzt und das neue 2.8.1 Image verwendet, wollte aber bevor die Vakuumplatte noch mehr geschreddert wird mal nachfragen, ob einer eine Idee hat, woran es generell liegen könnten.

In der config.zip ist der Config Ordner enthalten, die ITS-1000 ist die neue Raspberry version, die High-Z_S1000-T die alte vom Mini-PC.
Auf dem Bild kann man den Fehler deutlich erkenne, die Kontur wird gegen den Uhrzeiger gefahren.
Am Program kann es eigentlich nicht liegen, da es korrekt angezeigt wird und bis jetzt der nächste durchlauf immer problemlos war.

Schon mal vielen Dank,
mfg Matthias
Attachments:
Last edit: 17 Jan 2021 18:17 by Matthias Lönartz. Reason: Titel auf englisch geändert

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jan 2021 09:36 - 17 Jan 2021 09:36 #195643 by Matthias Lönartz
Hello,
I have a modified CNC-Step HighZ-1000T with the standard Zero3 controller on a mini PC with parallel interface (AMD Sempron, 4GB DDRIII, 120GB SSD, HDMI, USB 3.0, HD8280 Radeon) with LinuxCNC 2.6.

And a new (replacement) controller consisting of a RPi4 4GB and a Mesa 7i92 with the RPi image V. 2.8.

Both runs (whereby the Mesa runs from the sound much cleaner), I had however with both the same problem, as with the mini PC the SSD ran fully (Lost+Found folder was unfortunately not indicated by the file manager) became the more scarce it ever more frequently lines of the program skipped, without error message or abort, which should not be actually possible?

With the freshly installed Raspberry this already happened after 1.5 runs, I have now replaced the Sandisk Ultra 32GB against an Extreme Pro 64GB and used the new 2.8.1 image, but wanted to ask before the vacuum plate is shredded even more times, if someone has an idea what it could be generally.

The config.zip contains the config folder, the ITS-1000 is the new Raspberry version, the High-Z_S1000-T is the old one from the Mini-PC.
On the picture you can see the error clearly, the contour is moved against the clockwise.
It can't be the program, because it is displayed correctly and until now the next run was always without problems.

Thanks a lot,
With best regards Matthias
Last edit: 17 Jan 2021 09:36 by Matthias Lönartz.

More
17 Jan 2021 16:14 #195687 by tommylight
Lover the velocity and acceleration for both the X and Y axis to half of what you have now and test again.
The image looks like a stall and the resulting position change on both axis.
You should also check the power supply for the drives, it might be under rated and the protection can kick in when under load resulting in the same loss of position.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matthias Lönartz

More
18 Jan 2021 08:23 #195757 by Matthias Lönartz
Hello,
thank you, I've never thought about the Controller Hardware could be failing, because of the very slow response from the old PC, but the operator said, that the spindle also stops shortly, since the program runs ahead it makes sense, that the software runs fine and the controller stoppt working, by now that only happened by overheating, but then the controller shut of for a longer time, the cooling also was improved a few years ago, so the theory with the power supply make sense.

More
19 Jan 2021 12:49 #195885 by andypugh
I don't think that there is any reason to be using LinuxCNC 2.6.
Depending on the OS you can almost certainly update to 2.7.14 without any other changes (other than, possibly, some minor config tweaks, ie deleting a couple of lines in the HAL)

Not that 2.6 had a reputation for skipping lines. In fact I am fairly sure that if LinuxCNC was in the habit of skipping lines of G-code that we would know about it already.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matthias Lönartz

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds