Machine doesnt go to home location set in INI fil

More
19 Jul 2012 15:08 #22198 by clkeck1
This is a lathe config with the limit switch at X+ with X+ traveling away from the spindle.

I want to use the home_offset to set the boring bar holders at spindle centerline when X=0. also i want the machine to stay at the home switch after it is homed.
Currently the machine ignores the home= line in the ini file and rapids to 0 after the home sequence. Does anyone see an issue here?

Thanks
Cory
#********************
# Axis X
#********************
[AXIS_0]
TYPE = LINEAR
HOME = 0.0
FERROR = 1
MIN_FERROR = 1
MAX_VELOCITY = 3.93333333333
MAX_ACCELERATION = 10.0
P = 50.0
I = 0.0
D = 0.0
FF0 = 0.0
FF1 = 0.0
FF2 = 0.0
BIAS = 0.0
DEADBAND = .00003
MAX_OUTPUT = 10.0
ENCODER_SCALE = -67733.3312
OUTPUT_SCALE = -10.0
MIN_LIMIT = -3
MAX_LIMIT = 9

HOME_OFFSET = 6
HOME_SEARCH_VEL = 1
HOME_LATCH_VEL = -0.1
HOME_FINAL_VEL = 5
HOME = 6
HOME_USE_INDEX = YES
#HOME_SEQUENCE = 1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jul 2012 15:21 #22200 by BigJohnT
clkeck1 wrote:

This is a lathe config with the limit switch at X+ with X+ traveling away from the spindle.

I want to use the home_offset to set the boring bar holders at spindle centerline when X=0. also i want the machine to stay at the home switch after it is homed.
Currently the machine ignores the home= line in the ini file and rapids to 0 after the home sequence. Does anyone see an issue here?

Thanks
Cory

I don't think it is possible to do what you want after reading the manual entries for HOME and HOME_OFFSET.

I'm not sure why you want the center of the boring bar to be lined up with the center of the spindle afaik the edge of the boring bar insert is usually in the center of the spindle so X.5 (using diameter mode) gives you a .5 diameter hole. Normally the tool table holds the offsets, is there some reason you don't want to use the tool table?

John

More
19 Jul 2012 15:25 #22202 by clkeck1
This is on a turret style lathe
I want the boring bar holders centered for drilling so the x offset for the drill is 0

So if the home switch sets the holders 6in from center i set home_offset to 6. This part works

But the final home position does not. it always goes to X=0

Time to create page: 0.192 seconds