Plasma THC300 Z Axis trouble

More
04 Dec 2012 23:30 - 05 Dec 2012 20:23 #27203 by the_muck
Hallo,
sorry for my bad englisch ;).

I start to config EMC for Plasma cutting and have a lot of trouble. I use the basic config plasma THC300, changed Ports, Axis speeds, Limits...

When i make in World mode a new 0 Point, the Z Axis Move Down from +150 to 0 and back to +150, that is wehen i zero any axis. and i can not adjust the Speed of the Z Axis when they do this. So it is not possible to zero. Where is the point to set the "length" to the Float Switsch and is there a Documentation for this config?

The A motor not jog in Joint Mode by hand, thats very bad wenn the A axis not jog.

What make Travel Height and Sw. Travel?

Edit:

I have make a new config. with plasma THC300, just invert the estop and float switch pin that it runs. The same problem, when i make a 0 point the Z axis value in Linux CNC move up and down!

Thanks
Last edit: 05 Dec 2012 20:23 by the_muck.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Dec 2012 19:54 #27502 by andypugh

I have make a new config. with plasma THC300, just invert the estop and float switch pin that it runs. The same problem, when i make a 0 point the Z axis value in Linux CNC move up and down!

Sorry for the delay in replying.
Does this still happen with the THC disabled? am wondering if it is something wierd with the way that THC "lies" about the Z-position to the rest of the system.
Does the actual Z axis move, or just the DRO?

More
10 Dec 2012 20:53 #27507 by BigJohnT
He's using the THC300 config and the THC control is all done with hundreds of HAL components. It's so complex that it includes an Open Office Drawing that needs to be printed out on a D size plotter. I never could follow the logic of that one.

John

More
10 Dec 2012 20:59 #27508 by andypugh
Is there a simpler sample config using the THC component?

More
10 Dec 2012 21:02 #27509 by BigJohnT
Yes, the Plasma 5i20 config is what I used until I converted to a 5i25 7i76.

John

More
11 Dec 2012 17:38 #27565 by the_muck
Hallo,
now i have changed to try a nother config, there is no documentation for THC 300 and i cant understand how it works and what the problem is.

linuxcnc.org/lucid/emc2/index.php/forum/...2&lang=italian#15198

you need the LinuxCNC dev package, and install the *.comp file.

In this moment it works not 100%, but i think it is better to understand.

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds