axis wont move when jog

More
11 Feb 2013 09:54 #29882 by revo
axis wont move when jog was created by revo
here is my setup.

xyza

i have two motors on Y (A) i am trying to use A as a slave because my axis is 14' long so i need 2 motor.
when i did the configuration setup, all my motor were running.

noiw at this point i never moved motors when i start linux cnc other than X ( i mean when i am trying to jog with the keyboard)

i am no sure if my slave configuration worked yet. i use the same pin for A than for Y and change the direction because they are mirror.

now is someone know why my motor wont jog, do i have to set other things? i read the manual and i cant find help.

thanks.

Revo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Feb 2013 12:46 #29889 by revo
Replied by revo on topic axis wont move when jog
Update,

i got Xand Y to move by changing the velocity but whatever i do Z wont move. the motor locks, it has power and if i jog i will feel a mini pulse but wont jog continously, i need to keep pressing the button to get the pulse.

any idea?

More
11 Feb 2013 12:57 #29890 by revo
update : slaving my axis worked by using the same pin but inverting the direction on the stepconf.

now all i have to do is figuring out how to move that Z and i am in business!!

More
11 Feb 2013 22:32 #29909 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic axis wont move when jog
That sounds like the step and direction pins are reversed if you get one step each time.

John

More
12 Feb 2013 05:52 #29926 by revo
here is what i tried.

changed:
swap direction and step = no change other than when i test the axis in the step conf it wont move so my direction seem fine.

i swap the Z motor wire to the X and the motor run fine, also everything run fine in mach3 so there is a problem somewhere but doesnt seem like its with my pins. for some reason when test the axis everthing is great on all axis but soon that run linuxcnc, the Z is block and wont move but there is tension in the motor.

is there another setting somewhere?

what is a usual setting for a motor? i mean speed and velocity? just ball park (iknow everything is different from machine to machine) i tried velocity at 3, 10 30 and everything in between and speed from 100 to 70000 and it all move ok.

i am running out of options. i read a bunch of things about .ini file and hal files, not sure what does are but can i change settings in that?

More
12 Feb 2013 07:54 - 12 Feb 2013 12:12 #29927 by revo
update:

i am now able to move axis. i had to remove the charge pump pin.
Last edit: 12 Feb 2013 12:12 by revo.

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds