cncgeeker config?

More
14 May 2013 12:23 - 14 May 2013 12:24 #34043 by ShreddinPB
cncgeeker config? was created by ShreddinPB
Hey guys, So I am having a hard time finding the exact setup to get my board working.
The board is from cncgeeker, its a TB6560 board.. manual is here.
cncgeeker univelope 3axis tb6560

Looking at this link, and just figuring it out, I am not getting the enable pins on the board all on correctly.
Stepper Diagnostics

This page says to use some other things to enable pins.. and that works somewhat it seems.
enable pins
I have pin 8 (enable y) on "charge pump" inverted and that enables the y axis just fine
I have pin 9 (enable z) on "Amplifier Enable" and that enables the z axis just fine
I can not figure out what to use to enable the X axis. I tried all of the different settings inverted and not, and couldnt get that axis to activate (when I test it I can manually turn the coupler with my hand)

Is there a better way to set these pins to enabled?

Attached is my pinout settings right now in stepconf
Last edit: 14 May 2013 12:24 by ShreddinPB.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 May 2013 14:13 #34048 by ArcEye
Replied by ArcEye on topic cncgeeker config?
Hi

Those boards can be quite trying, there are apparently lots of variants (cncbasher is the 'expert' on them if you have further problems)

Just connect amp-enable to the x-enable terminal and make a wire link to y and z
They do not need a separate feed each and using charge pump is not a good idea, it is an oscillating feed.

regards

More
14 May 2013 14:52 #34051 by cncbasher
Replied by cncbasher on topic cncgeeker config?
As Arceye suggests just use a single amplifier enable for all the axis , and don't use charge pump .

More
15 May 2013 01:28 #34091 by ShreddinPB
Replied by ShreddinPB on topic cncgeeker config?

Hi

Those boards can be quite trying, there are apparently lots of variants (cncbasher is the 'expert' on them if you have further problems)

Just connect amp-enable to the x-enable terminal and make a wire link to y and z
They do not need a separate feed each and using charge pump is not a good idea, it is an oscillating feed.

regards

Thanks guys.. and when you say connect to the x-enable terminal, are you saying phsically on the board?
The first thing I tried was setting all of the pins to amplifier enable and it didnt seem to work.

Will take it off charge pump now tho at least

More
15 May 2013 01:53 #34093 by ShreddinPB
So, I did try just setting the three pins to amplifier enabled on the parallel port setup page, and only the Y axis enables.
That just seems weird to me, it seems they should all enable.

More
15 May 2013 02:02 #34094 by ShreddinPB
update 2.. I left them all at amplifier enabled then went thru the rest of the setup, and the axis ARE enabled when I run the full software.
In the last post, I was just using the "test Axis" in the stepconf screens.. so it looks like setting them all to amp enabled works.. my X and Y axis are not moving yet.. but they are enabled because I can not move them by hand.
They might not be moving cause of my setup.. im running a ZenToolWorks 12x12 and have the F8 screws on the X and Y axis.. so maybe I have my other setting wrong.

More
15 May 2013 15:05 #34117 by ArcEye
Replied by ArcEye on topic cncgeeker config?
Hi

Thanks guys.. and when you say connect to the x-enable terminal, are you saying phsically on the board?

Yes that was exactly it

...make a wire link to y and z...

It is just a signal, not a power feed, so long as your enables don't draw a lot of power for some strange reason, one feed should be fine taken to all 3 enable connectors.

If you are uncertain about your config, post the whole folder in a .zip and we can look for any glaring gotchas

regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: ShreddinPB

More
16 May 2013 23:23 #34207 by ShreddinPB

Hi

Yes that was exactly it

...make a wire link to y and z...

It is just a signal, not a power feed, so long as your enables don't draw a lot of power for some strange reason, one feed should be fine taken to all 3 enable connectors.

If you are uncertain about your config, post the whole folder in a .zip and we can look for any glaring gotchas

regards

It seems that setting the amplifier enable in the parallel port settings actually does work, it just doesnt work with the test axis button in stepconf. If I go and test with the whole software, it works fine now!
I just need to get my setting dialed in for timing and that sort of thing.

Time to create page: 0.213 seconds