Homing question

More
25 May 2013 10:39 - 25 May 2013 12:47 #34660 by grandixximo
Homing question was created by grandixximo
I want my spindle to be an axis, direction and steps are no problem, but i don't have a proximity switch for homing, but i need the spindle to have an home position, if i try to home with the encoder index on the spindle as a home-switch with slow latch and search velocity, i have to go very slow and most of the time i get latch error because the encoder index is not a proximity switch and it goes off very quickly before reversing the direction.
can i in any way disable the latch error, or having the input rise for longer than the truth?

if i try to use the encoder index as the axis index with HOME_USE_INDEX= YES and HOME_SEARCH_VEL = 0 the home gets done, but the final position is always the position where i opened linuxcnc at, it does not set the zero where it finds the index, is it normal this way?
i need the zero to be where i find the index not where it was when i opened linuxcnc, can it be done?

or since the spindle driver can home by itself, by just sending an output and waiting for an input, can i make such home with linuxcnc?
Last edit: 25 May 2013 12:47 by grandixximo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 May 2013 15:13 - 25 May 2013 15:16 #34672 by grandixximo
Replied by grandixximo on topic Homing question
fixed, i made home without latch and search speed, used the axis.homing pin which goes on for 0,1 sec to put on the make-zero pin of the spindle driver, added a couple of seconds with timedelay to have time to make zero and it works.
Only problem i am not waiting for the input that the zero is done, zero gets done but i can't be 100% sure because i didn't read the input, any way to wait for a pin before confirming home?
Last edit: 25 May 2013 15:16 by grandixximo.

More
26 May 2013 05:59 #34705 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Homing question

fixed, i made home without latch and search speed, used the axis.homing pin which goes on for 0,1 sec to put on the make-zero pin of the spindle driver, added a couple of seconds with timedelay to have time to make zero and it works.

Try the idea here: www.linuxcnc.org/index.php/english/forum...board?start=20#34703

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds