ARC-OK -> Arc Not OK

More
08 Jul 2013 22:40 - 08 Jul 2013 22:42 #36404 by Paul
ARC-OK -> Arc Not OK was created by Paul
Hello for today.

I am looking for ideas on manipulating the ARC-OK (or, more accurately, not OK) signal response. Usually all is fine and I like the use of the ARC-OK at a pierce, but am loosing my fondness during the cut. Until yesterday, axis movement would stop at the end of a cut when loosing a good arc signal and I would just restart at the next pierce. Yesterday, my arc path accidentally made it into a material gap in the middle of a cut and stopped moving. End result was a lost piece because I couldn't restart at that point. I might have been able to use the part with the missing material that halted the torch, but since I couldn't just restart in the middle of the curve I have more scraps,

What I would like is for the ARC-OK signal to be observed at the beginning of the cut, but to keep on cutting during the cut if the ARC-OK is lost. At least to be able to add a delay of 1-2 seconds before stopping to see if the ARC-OK signal returns would be nice.

Thanks in advance for pointing me in a direction.

Paul
Last edit: 08 Jul 2013 22:42 by Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jul 2013 22:47 #36406 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic ARC-OK -> Arc Not OK
I just use arc ok to start my cut and don't check it during the cut. Is there some reason you constantly check arc ok?

JT

More
08 Jul 2013 23:06 #36407 by Paul
Replied by Paul on topic ARC-OK -> Arc Not OK
Actually, I thought monitoring the arc full time was the intended, and only, way. My vlcdthc is setup for full time monitoring. Prior to this, I would put in an extra long wait at the pierce to cover the lack of using the ARC-OK signal.

How to you use the arc-ok signal at pierce and ignore it during the cut? Thanks!

More
08 Jul 2013 23:18 #36409 by BigJohnT
I just check it during my touchoff subroutine after finding the material Z0 and moving up to pierce height I fire the torch and wait for arc ok before starting the cut.
o<touchoff> sub
(#1 pierce height, #2 pierce delay, #3 cut height)
F10
G38.2 Z-1.75 (Probe to find the surface)
G91
G1 Z0.070 (Raise up to Z0)
G90
G92 Z0 (Set Z0)
G1 Z#1
M3 S1
M66 P0 L1 Q5 (Wait for Arc OK from Torch)
G4 P#2 (Pause for pierce delay)
F25
Z#3 (goto cut height)
o<touchoff> endsub
M2

JT
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul

More
09 Jul 2013 01:27 #36412 by Paul
Thanks John. Again!

I now remember seeing the M66 in your touch off routine. I wasn't using any ARC-OK information at that time. Your way is exactly what I am wanting. Thanks again...

More
09 Jul 2013 08:55 #36439 by Paul
John,

I think the Q variable of 5 is to wait upto 5 seconds for the arc-ok signal. What is supposed to happen after 5 seconds if no arc is detected? As I tested tonight, it would wait, but then continued on the path without the arc-ok signal. I was kind of expecting it to quit after the 5 seconds of no arc. The torch would continue before the 5 seconds were up when I tripped the arc-ok test switch.

More
09 Jul 2013 18:27 #36441 by BigJohnT
I've been meaning to add a bail out routine but have not been inspired to do so. If/when I do it will use the #5399 parameter to test for time out or interrupt.

Untested early in the morning coding follows:
M66 P0 L1 Q5 (Wait for Arc OK from Torch)
o100 if [#5399 EQ -1] (if arc ok times out)
  M0 (pause the program)
o100 endif

JT

More
09 Jul 2013 19:29 #36444 by Paul
That's pretty neat. Would an M0 also turn off the torch or simply hold motion and leave all else in their current states?
Paul

More
09 Jul 2013 20:15 #36445 by BigJohnT
I don't know if it stops the spindle/torch or not. I think it does not so a M2 might be better or put a M5 before the M0.

JT

More
10 Jul 2013 20:43 #36497 by Paul
Thanks John. I ran a few parts last night using the M66 P0 L1 Q5 portion after reconfiguring my vlcdthc setup and it works great. I didn't add the call routine just yet, but will later. It would be nice to just pause with torch off (as opposed to ending) in case the job is midway through with multiple pierces in case the lack of the arc-ok signal can be remedied on the fly. Thanks.

Time to create page: 0.210 seconds