configuring the 4th axis

More
09 Jul 2013 02:01 #36416 by Nenad
Hi,

I added the 4th axis to my 3 axis cnc and now I have trouble configuring it. I kept the same parameters as for the other three axes as the motor seems to be the same.

Here is the link of what I bought (i am now using only the fourh axis not the fifth)

www.ebay.ca/itm/CNC-Router-Rotational-Ax...=item3ccf69576a#shId

And here is the screenshot of the stepconf wizard showing the parameters that work fine with other three axes.

When I test the axis and I set it to travel 1 degree, it goes almost full three circles 3X360 degrees! I am not sure which of these parameters needs to be changed. I played around with leadscrew pitch and steps per revolution but didn't improve. I left the leadscrew pitch exactly the same as for the other motors. Can a motor be damaged if i let it run at the wrong step per revolution or wrong leadscrew pitch?

Thanks!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jul 2013 02:42 #36420 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic configuring the 4th axis
Why do you have pitch as a negative number?

If this is the direct drive one then the pitch should be 0.002777 if I calculated it right.

JT

More
09 Jul 2013 02:54 #36423 by Nenad
Replied by Nenad on topic configuring the 4th axis

Why do you have pitch as a negative number?

If this is the direct drive one then the pitch should be 0.002777 if I calculated it right.

JT

I just tried the nubmer you suggested. It makes the motor axis squeel and not move. Hopefully I am not killing it.
The negative number helps the previous three axes move in the right direction. Otherwise they go the opposite way.

More
09 Jul 2013 04:24 #36429 by BigJohnT
Invert the direction pin to change directions.

Are you sure you have 16 micro steps? If not your driving the stepper 16 times too fast... what driver do you have?

JT

More
09 Jul 2013 05:36 #36433 by Nenad
Replied by Nenad on topic configuring the 4th axis

Invert the direction pin to change directions.

Are you sure you have 16 micro steps? If not your driving the stepper 16 times too fast... what driver do you have?

JT

I am using a 4-axis driver control board from. www.easy-cnc.com They do not reply to my emails. The picture of the boards is in my previous post:
www.linuxcnc.org/index.php/english/forum...achine-into-a-5-axis

All other motors are set to 16 microsteps and work fine. In fact, once they are set to 8 I get a carving that is twice as big as the g-code says.

More
09 Jul 2013 06:02 - 09 Jul 2013 06:04 #36434 by BigJohnT
That is probably your problem, your assuming the numbers mean something and they don't. Only the Scale means anything. You must have guessed at enough numbers to get the scale correct on your other axes.

Set steps per rev to 200 and all others to 1 except lead screw pitch and set it to 360.

Edit: where is your dip switch set to for A axis?

JT
Last edit: 09 Jul 2013 06:04 by BigJohnT.

Time to create page: 0.326 seconds