Post Z homing, please move to max!

More
11 Nov 2013 14:59 #40727 by bottleworks
So, I've been setting up a 3 axis mill. I have it running. When it homes Z, it moves to the min Z switch and homes. It then moves up/+ by .100". Is there a way to have it automatically move up to max Z (or close to it)?

Alternatively, Homing to Z max would solve this problem, however, every configuration that I tried using Z max as the home switch resulted on the axis only being allowed to move down/- by .100".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Nov 2013 16:06 #40728 by ArcEye

Alternatively, Homing to Z max would solve this problem, however, every configuration that I tried using Z max as the home switch resulted on the axis only being allowed to move down/- by .100".

Sounds like the MAX_LIMIT and MIN_LIMIT in your ini file need changing, because they are relative to the homed position and will be the wrong way around if set for a switch at the other end of the axis travel

regards

More
11 Nov 2013 16:10 #40729 by Rick G
Be sure to check your HOME and Home_Offset
linuxcnc.org/docs/html/config/ini_homing.html

Rick G

More
11 Nov 2013 21:23 #40738 by andypugh

I think this is a much better option. Home-all shouldn't crush your touch-probe :-)

The trick is to have MAX_LIMIT as zero and MIN_LIMIT as -300 (or whatever). Then it all works out.

More
12 Nov 2013 00:43 #40743 by cncbasher
first point to check is ... the z axis moving in the correct direction i.e + movements increase the dro and move the z axis towards the top of z
and then check that the home and limit switches are mounted , home being the top of z

More
12 Nov 2013 02:05 #40749 by bottleworks
Ah, excellent. I will give that a try.

More
18 Nov 2013 08:55 #40911 by bottleworks
Hi. I have updated the int file and it now homes up/+. After it does that, it gives an exceeded positive soft limit error. I've attached the int. What do I have wrong? Thanks!
Attachments:

More
18 Nov 2013 16:40 #40927 by cncbasher
in axis 2 change
MAX_LIMIT = 0 ... to say 10
it needs to be a slightly higher than the dro for now , you can fine tune it later

if you look at Axis screen you'll see a red bounding box this is soft limit area , so adjust the min and max limits to suit your machine

More
04 Dec 2013 05:13 #41321 by bottleworks

in axis 2 change
MAX_LIMIT = 0 ... to say 10
it needs to be a slightly higher than the dro for now , you can fine tune it later

if you look at Axis screen you'll see a red bounding box this is soft limit area , so adjust the min and max limits to suit your machine

Of course. Simple. Up and running. Thanks.

LinuxCNC configs are like speaking to someone who doesn't share your language, but your both trying to talk about something you're both familiar with...You almost understand what he's saying, but your just not grasping the whole picture.

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds