Distance calibration

More
17 Dec 2013 08:27 #41669 by davemer
Distance calibration was created by davemer
Hi all, I have put together a xyz table. I am using long's motors, drivers, and breakout board with dual motors on the x gantry. I have been surprised at how easy all went together and worked. My issue is that I can test the axis, I set the test to run and have scaled the axis so that when commanded to go 15 or 30 inches, it does. I have not worried as much yet with repeatability because I have noticed the following: When running the table with a sharpie, writing out the word Linux Cnc that loads up as a default, while the dimension says the length is 5.37, the actual written word is only 2.75 inches in length. My question is, if the axis test works, how can the actual travel be bad ?

I have looked through a lot of the posts, and could not find a topic that addressed this. If it exists, if you could give me the reference, I would appreciate it.

Thanks, David

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Dec 2013 08:33 #41672 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Distance calibration
You have your scale wrong. Command a movement of 1" and measure how far it goes.

JT

More
17 Dec 2013 08:49 #41676 by davemer
Replied by davemer on topic Distance calibration
Thank you for the reply, where would the scaling be placed you are talking about. As I said, I had put in the scale info when setting up the axis, and when I tell the axis test to go 15 or 30 inches, that is the amount it actually travels.

David

More
17 Dec 2013 19:53 #41692 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Distance calibration
How did you create your configuration?

Starting at X0 if you put G0 X10 in the MDI what does the dro say for X and how far does the axis move?

Something is not making sense yet.

JT

More
29 Dec 2013 10:57 #42137 by davemer
Replied by davemer on topic Distance calibration
Thank you for your reply, mine was delayed with Christmas and travels, I hope yours was well. Anyway, I had thought that the travel in the axis test was total, not plus/minus. I took that into consideration, changed my scaling, and all is well. Thank you for your help.

Have a great New Year,

David

Time to create page: 0.201 seconds