Delta VFD M Modbus?

More
18 May 2014 14:36 #47023 by JZHA1985
Delta VFD M Modbus? was created by JZHA1985
I have killed four palm routers on my desktop machine. So I bought a Delta VFD M and a 1 HP spindle from Ugra CNC. I've been reading the VFDs manual, and I see several things that would be nice to have. Such as having the PC know when the spindle has attained proper RPMs, or when the VFD is on, and so forth. I didn't get the venerable WJ200 so documentation on getting Modbus with LinuxCNC isn't there. I'm not a programmer by any means (arduino anybody?), but would like to get the Delta VFD M to work with Modbus so I can have things well integrated with the VFD.
Does anybody know of any basic way to get this working without me spending a weekend becoming indoctrinated in Modbus, and the VFD M's 300+ page manual? I see the variables I want, and so forth, but past that I know nothing.
Any help would be great.
Thanks,
Josh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 May 2014 21:49 #47051 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Delta VFD M Modbus?

Does anybody know of any basic way to get this working without me spending a weekend becoming indoctrinated in Modbus, and the VFD M's 300+ page manual?

If you upgrade to the latest version of LinuxCNC then you could try this component:
www.linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/man/man1/vfdb_vfd.1.html

To upgrade to the development version, see the instructions at buildbot.linuxcnc.org (you shouldn't need to compile anything unless you want to)
You probably want one of the 2.6 versions.

More
19 Jan 2016 09:49 - 19 Jan 2016 22:51 #68743 by jut
Replied by jut on topic Delta VFD M Modbus?
Josh,

I just went through the exercise of getting a Delta VFD-S working with linuxcnc. There already exist a hal component called "vfdb_vfd" for the Delta VFD-B. There are a few differences between these inverters, namely a few registers and the response time of the -S is different. I modified vfdb_vfd.c, recompiled linuxcnc, and it now works well within Axis.

Jut
Last edit: 19 Jan 2016 22:51 by jut. Reason: add more detail

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds