Setting up 1st axis of mill. Help?

More
31 May 2014 10:29 - 31 May 2014 10:30 #47566 by ebrummer
LinuxCNC, 5i23 w/ 7i49, 3 DC brushed servo motors running off of old Westamp servo amps connected by +/-10V to 7i49 with resolvers on each axis. Only trying to tune/mess with the x axis at the moment. Have the motor disconnected from the table.

We've gone through multiple different tuning examples online, played with FF1, P, I, D values and we can get motor to oscillate. Motor never seems to accelerate to a fast speed. No matter what the jog speed is set at it seems to stay the same speed.

Please see attached halcmd output, ini and config files.

Can someone look it over. When we pull the command cables and the servo amps drive without control input we get much faster speed.

We've also tried changing the default acceleration, the max acceleration and the max velocity in the ini file and the soft limits.

According to Halscope and our DMM, we're getting nowhere near an output of +10 to the motor on move commands.

Thank you all for your time.
Attachments:
Last edit: 31 May 2014 10:30 by ebrummer. Reason: added halcmd output as it didn't attach the first time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 May 2014 20:19 #47574 by PCW
Take a look at
hm2_5i23.0.pwmgen.00.value

if it is set for 1 or -1 you should get 10V or -10V from the 7I49 analog outputs
(since PWM scale is set for 1)
the PID max_output should also be set for 1

If not you likely have a hardware problem (shorted analog out, low 5V at 7I49 etc)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.195 seconds