Configure sample file missing

More
11 Jul 2014 06:56 #48627 by Sean8683
I have everything installed and up to date. I'm to the point where Im trying to configure EMC2 but.. this is what the directions say to do:
First copy one of the sample config directories from /etc/emc2/sample-configs/ to ~/emc2/configs

My problem is when I open emc2 file there is no 'sample configs' There are no 'sample configs' to be found anywhere. I can not go any further in this process without them.

My setup is Sherline lathe 4400, stepper motors installed, running Ubuntu 10.04 LTS
Anyone with some help would be very appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jul 2014 18:01 #48646 by ArcEye
Hi

I don't know what instructions you are following, perhaps something from Sherline?

EMC2 is no more, it was re-branded Linuxcnc over 2 years ago, so looks like you have an old install.

The sample configs are liable to be in one of 2 places with an installed version

Either
/usr/share/doc/emc2/examples/sample-configs
or
/usr/share/emc2/sample-configs

(substitute linuxcnc for emc2 on later versions)

When you open Linuxcnc and the config chooser comes up, it should show you the sample configs.
If you select one and have nothing in your own configs folder, it will offer to save a local copy and create a shortcut.
(in fact if you decline it will just exit, which I find extremely annoying, but that is another matter)

regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds