Velocity

More
20 Jul 2015 05:58 #60768 by pmcstoneinc
Velocity was created by pmcstoneinc
Hello I know I am asking something very basic and have read around trying to find this solution. What I am looking for is a way of limiting the "jog velocity". It seems jog velocity is dependent on max velocity. Is there anyway I can limit jog velocity to a percentage of max velocity or is there a way of setting jog velocity separate to max velocity? I do not want users moving the machine manually up to max velocity settings (40,000mm/s) Example would be velocity in auto movements (rapid) to velocity in manual movements. Let me know. Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jul 2015 11:44 #60773 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Velocity
The ini file default_velocity parameter sets the jog speed

More
20 Jul 2015 11:56 - 20 Jul 2015 12:01 #60774 by pmcstoneinc
Replied by pmcstoneinc on topic Velocity
There is default_velocity in the [traj]] and default_linear_velocity under [display] I know setting max linear velocity also sets the max jog velocity to this value. I have default velocity set at 166.67 but am given the option on the jog slider to 666.67
Last edit: 20 Jul 2015 12:01 by pmcstoneinc.

More
20 Jul 2015 12:49 #60775 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Velocity
Setting the default_velocity is the general Linuxcnc answer to what sets the Jog speed
but if you want to limit the settable range (in Axis) thats a Axis GUI question. maybe it can be changed
with .axissrc, but I dont know, if not it might require changes to the Axis source code

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds