THC Problems

More
08 Sep 2015 18:30 #62243 by DeeEmm
THC Problems was created by DeeEmm

This config does not use subroutines for touchoff, it has that implemented in the thc.hal file (not by me, by someone who spent a lot of time doing it, so i am thankful to whoever he or she was ). It does all the logic of moving torch down, finding the material, retracting back up to the pierce height, starting the torch, waiting for ARC OK signal and moving the torch further down to cutting height and starting movement, all this from a single M3 !

I'm struggling to get this to work on my machine. Everything appears to be fine but it does not probe the material with the z-axis. When I start the job it moves to the first point and then stalls. I'm guessing that it is waiting for the height probe. The Z-axis appears to move 3mm downwards but then simply stops.

I have previously been using my table without THC on a basic trivkins setup and it has been working fine. I've recently taken the plunge and have installed a THC unit along with your THC config. All signals seems to be correct, I have movement of all axis in correct directions and THC / Torch / Estop signals are showing in the display.

I'm obviously missing something. I had to invert a couple of signals including my torch signal, perhaps this is causing the issue?

I've attached my thc.hal file for reference.

File Attachment:

File Name: thc.hal
File Size:7 KB

And a shot of my machine. A real bare bones scrap pile build but works good enough for my use.

Any help would be gratefully welcomed

Thanks.

DM
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Sep 2015 19:00 #62250 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic THC Problems
Looks like you are trying to roll your own THC in HAL instead of using one of the THC components. Much too busy to try and follow the logic in your hal file.

JT

More
08 Sep 2015 19:37 #62255 by DeeEmm
Replied by DeeEmm on topic THC Problems
Looks like my post has been moved, I posted it in reply to this topic - linuxcnc.org/index.php/english/forum/49-...-that-works?start=50 as it was the THC-Toma config that the topic is about that I am trying to implement.

Taken out of context it probably looks like a muddled mess.

I will try to post it again in the correct thread, it is unlikely that the OP and config author will see it here.

DM

More
08 Sep 2015 19:41 #62259 by DeeEmm
Replied by DeeEmm on topic THC Problems
Rick G. You can delete this topic, I've recreated this post back in the correct topic. ;)

Time to create page: 0.201 seconds