XZA Milling Machine need Help

More
08 Nov 2015 21:13 #64987 by Sergio
Hi!

At first, sorry for my english...
I'm new in all the way of cnc stuff.
(part of the gcode is attached)

I made a setup with X (horizontal) Z (vertical) A (rotation along the X Axis) to mill parts along the rotational axis.
So far I have made the machine with Steppers and so on and a easy model in RhinoCam.
As Post i have choosen EMC.

And here is my first problem: At a "closer" look to the gcode, the Z axis is moving down with the Z position around the cylinder (for the whole diameter). Normally Z should just move down for the wall diameter i like to mill and not acros the whole part.

Second Problem. I have no Y Axis and i made the right config in RhinoCam (Y min=0 and Y max=0), but i got some Gcodes also for the Y Axis.

The X Axis Information looks ok.

Is there any simple (or maybe complex) solution to fix this Problem? I'm not shure where i have to look at first. Is Rhino Cam not right for this Job, or should i do some modifications on Linux CNC?

Please help me if someone can do?

Thank You!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Nov 2015 21:22 #64988 by BigJohnT
If your problem is when a Y is seen in the G code you get an error then adding a Y axis to your ini will solve that.

JT

More
08 Nov 2015 21:35 #64989 by Sergio
Hello BigJT

i have a Y in my ini. but nothing on it. Hope this works.
To point it out. Why does Z traveling with the milling positon of my A axis and what should i do to solve this problem?
In the simulation of the tool path the Mill i traveling around the cylinder and the part stands on his position. No rotation is shown, but i think this is for some other reasons in RhinoCam.
In my g code the A axis rotates and the Z Axis go with the simultanous path down to the bottom of the cylinder and up.

More
08 Nov 2015 21:41 #64990 by BigJohnT
For each line of G code the control will move all axes on that line so that every on that line axis reaches the end point at the same time.

I'm not sure what you mean by "In my g code the A axis rotates and the Z Axis go with the simultanous path down to the bottom of the cylinder and up."

Can you make a short sample of the G code? Also tell RhinoCam to turn off line numbers, they only make the G code harder to read and LinuxCNC does nothing with them.

JT

More
09 Nov 2015 09:39 #65007 by Sergio
Hello Big JT!

i think i have to show more clearly.
I want to mill a cylinder only with a vertical and a horizontal axis and one rotational axis. Same priciple like a lathe, but with the option to mill soemthing like a nice ornament or drill holes into. So far i have just the option to compensate the Y axis instead of the tabel rotate by 180° mode with my rotational A axis. (R routhing mode in RhinoCam)
Now I've draw a simple cylinder in rhino and made a toolpath around the cylinder.- same principle like a lathe.-
The output shows now the rotation of the part and the absolute position of the Z axis in the coordinat system.

I have attached a gcode segment in txt Format.

Hopefully you can understand my problem to solve?
I dont know what I should do now and what causes the problem. Is it rhino that can't handel that issue or is it LinuxCNC.
Do i need an other Program to make the right code or another Post or something else?

Thank You very much for your support.
Attachments:

More
09 Nov 2015 17:52 #65031 by andypugh
I think that this might be a problem with origins.
Have you touched-off LinuxCNC to set the part origin to the same place as it is in the CAM software?

More
09 Nov 2015 19:14 #65040 by Sergio
You are right. I made a mistake in the configuration of the CAM parameters. Now it looks much better.
Thank you for your help!

Time to create page: 0.531 seconds