Anilam CrusaderM to Linuxcnc Mesa 7i77+5i25 UPDATE

More
09 Nov 2015 15:31 #65015 by punking
This is a continuation of :
this topic

I neglected to followup on here how I ended up with my conversion. It worked excellent and I use it daily in my shop currently.
I had an issue at the end, of the machine having trouble holding origin. It turned out that I had to retune my old Westamp amplifiers with an oscilloscope and also tune the resistance settings on the amplifiers using an ohm meter.
At some point I will share that procedure and why I think it worked the way it did.
currently the mill is running very well and has no issues.

I would also like to taker a moment and thank all of you who have shared their experiences and talent in this community, as I would have never rebuilt my mill without your expertise. :whistle:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Dec 2015 22:47 #67113 by daninaustin
I'm getting ready to setup my Excello and I think i have pretty close to the same thing. 7i77 to a westamp and dc servo's with tachs and the separate rotary quadrature encoders. Is there anything in particular i should watch out for when setting it up? I'm wiring it up now and still waiting on the 7i77 card (they make great stuff but seem to be very slow shipping.)

Thanks,

Dan

More
18 Dec 2015 02:07 #67117 by punking
Just read through my process in my original thread . I had to solder resistors in the wiring to my west amp amplifiers. There wee a few other little kinks I had to work out but it went smoothly. I'll keep an eye on this thread and help if I can

Chris

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds