G43 loads the reference tool offset

More
03 Jan 2016 16:05 #67759 by cahlfors
Hi folks!
My CAM program (HeeksCNC) issues tool changes with the following statement: M6 Tn G43. The offset is all wrong and I managed to debug it to the G43, which loads the reference tool offset instead of the current tool. M6 Tn loads the proper tool offset, so just omitting the G43 would solve the problem, but it does not seem to be possible to configure, as far as I have managed to find. Besides, I am not sure of what might be proper coding practice.

I have remapped M6 as per the setup described in this thread: forum.linuxcnc.org/forum/38-general-linu...-length-measurements

Maybe there is something in the remapping code that causes this? What could I do to make G43 load the proper offset? Other suggestions?

Thanks,
/Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jan 2016 16:31 #67761 by ArcEye

What could I do to make G43 load the proper offset?

G43 Hn
www.linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/gcode/g-code.html#gcode:g43

M6 Tn loads the proper tool offset, so just omitting the G43 would solve the problem

It would load the correct tool but would not change the offset

Best way to do it if your other changes are somehow screwing things up, aside from fixing the remapping, is probably just change the HeeksCAD post-processor so that it specifies the correct tool to G43 Hn

I don't use it, but googling will bring you what you seek. This one shows how to add/remove G43 so you should be able to delve into it to get it to output the toolnumber too, which will be held in a variable probably. (something like G43 H%toolnum for instance)
sites.google.com/site/heekscad/help/config-1

regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: cahlfors

More
03 Jan 2016 20:44 #67771 by cahlfors
Indeed, thanks for the pointers.
I was able to remove the G43 in the post processor, which solved the problem and tool offsets now work as they should. The author of manual_change.ngc probably assumes tool changes without G43. Changing that behavior requires knowledge and understanding, which I do not have. :blush:

Thanks,
/Chris

Time to create page: 0.133 seconds