Initial setup when using Ethercat--use stepconf, copy an example, or what?

More
19 Dec 2019 21:29 #152927 by scottlaird
I'm trying to set up LinuxCNC 2.8 on my XYYZ router, moving from GRBL. I'm using Ethercat, and I'm able to talk to get a minimal HAL config working fine talking to Ethercat, but now it's time to actually set up a real CNC config with steppers, etc. Since I'm not using a parallel port, stepconf doesn't seem to apply. Similarly, for pncconf. I don't see a full XYYZ config in 2.8's sample configs. So, I'm not sure quite where to start. Would I be better off generating an XYYZ config using stepconf or pncconf and then modifying pin assignments, or hunting around for a sample config and then modifying that?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Dec 2019 14:10 #152944 by Todd Zuercher
I think the best bet would be to start with an example Ethercat config, then set up a standard 3 axis config and a gantry config in Stepconfig then use the differences between the two Stepconfig examples you made to show you the changes you may need to make to your Ethercat one. I don't think there are not a lot of people working with Ethercat yet. (I am certainly not one of them.) Hopefully one of them may pop up to help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds