Speed limitation close to software limit by traj planner

More
23 Jan 2020 23:02 #155590 by cmorley
Because in some machines say robots, you can move the joints individually after homing, so they need limits of their own.

Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jan 2020 00:18 #155601 by phillc54

Hi,
ok, that sounds perfectly normal. I am just wondering then why do you define min and max limit for the joints in the ini file?
Is it if the hard limit switch is triggered to get a value for the machine position, or is it for display reason of the machine limits in gremlin or axis?
Thank you,
Nicolas

AFAIK these definitions are used to set the soft limits after the machine has been homed.

More
24 Jan 2020 00:32 #155603 by Nico2017
Hi,
I though that after homing that would be the value in [AXIS] and not [JOINT] which was taken into account.

My goal is to never reach the hard limit switch so yeah my soft limit is placed slightly before.

Nicolas

More
24 Jan 2020 00:54 #155605 by tommylight
The soft limits work properly in joint mode before homing, to check this home the machine, unhome and them jog an axis, it will stop at the end of the distance set in the ini.
Beware that if you release the jog button and press again, it will move again in that direction for exactly the distance set in the ini, most probably it will hit hard stops so to test this you can set much shorter values in the ini file to have room to play.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nico2017

More
24 Jan 2020 00:55 - 24 Jan 2020 00:59 #155607 by Nico2017
Ok, I was thinking more about the case at start up before homing after turning it on and as observing that it was passing the joint soft limit.
Nicolas
Last edit: 24 Jan 2020 00:59 by Nico2017.

More
24 Jan 2020 11:43 #155642 by andypugh
Before homing the system has no way to know where on the joint / axis the machine currently is, so it has no way to enforce the soft limits.

(Unless you have absolute encoders, and if you do, then the correct setup will not hit the soft limits even if unhomed)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nico2017

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds