Spindel starts while computer booting

More
30 Mar 2020 06:53 #162069 by EvilKnivel
Hello,

I've bought a used MechaPlus with MechaPlus cotroller card on parallel port. I controll the maschin with Linux CNC - everything works at the moment like it should (as far as I can say - at least everything moves ;))

Due to noise I don't like the Kress spindels and bought a water cooled china spindle and FC. Its a huan yang HY frequency converter. I use one relay on the MechaPlus card, which is connected to "FOR" and "DCM" at the FC. The Relay is controlled by parallel port pin 14.

In LinuxCNC it works fine. I can start and stop the spindel. RPM cotroll I will do by the poti on the front side of the FC which is good accessable.

My Problem: As soon I press the power button on my computer until I start LinuxCNC the spindel starts to run. When LinuxCNC is open it stopps and I can controll it via LinuxCNC. When the PC is off the spindel does not turn as well.

What do I need to change that it doesn't run on its own during booting?

Kind regards
Christoph

PS: Hope this is the right forum section, didn't find a perfect fit...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Mar 2020 07:17 #162070 by tommylight
That is normal for parallel port, it is used to send diagnostic data during boot.
Simple solution is to power the machine after the PC has booted and power it off before shutting down the PC.
A better solution is to use a charge pump.

More
30 Mar 2020 07:20 #162071 by bbsr_5a
hi
at this controller you need to start the PC AND LINUXCNC Prior to the Mashine Power

you can use Arduino based Relai Block 4Relai to get over your problem if you cand or dont will to use a second Switch to get Machine power after the PC boot

ther is also a system called CHARGE Pump that does meet your need it gets all signals to a standard bevor PC takes over

More
30 Mar 2020 11:35 #162101 by EvilKnivel
Is there a module which I can use for my existing controller?

More
30 Mar 2020 22:46 #162177 by andypugh
You could also try to find a P-port pin which remains in the required state during boot.

More
31 Mar 2020 00:43 #162190 by tommylight

You could also try to find a P-port pin which remains in the required state during boot.

That is also a very good idea.
I do have some parallel port testers i made, basically i crammed 12 LED in a parallel port connector with 12 resistors for each LED, so i can see what pins are at what state during boot time, or to check if parallel port is outputting pulses from Linuxcnc.

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds