Toolsetter configuration

More
23 Oct 2020 22:06 #187038 by JetForMe
I'm trying to figure out the best way to set up my toolsetter. Right now I'm just using it semi-manually, in that I first reference the empty spindle, then I reference a tool, and manually subtract the values to get the tool length, then enter that into the tool table.

I currently reference the work using a Haimer 3D Taster, whose length is set as tool 98.

My homing switches are "better than 0.001"" repeatable, which is not as good as I would like, but probably the best that can be expected from this rack-and-pinion gantry table (AvidCNC). I think I can determine the location of the top of the toolsetter in machine coordinates, and then I should be able to touch off tools after homing the machine without the intermediary step of referencing the spindle.

But I'm a little unsure of what should be in the tool table. I guess it doesn't really matter, so long as all the tools are measured with respect to the Haimer, right?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Oct 2020 12:48 - 24 Oct 2020 12:50 #187101 by Aciera
Replied by Aciera on topic Toolsetter configuration
Right. All tool offsets are in reference to the reference tool which is the Haimer in your case. And if you touch off your work piece with that reference tool then all the tools will be offset correctly no matter if the machines absolute zero was off after homing.
Last edit: 24 Oct 2020 12:50 by Aciera.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.221 seconds