Stuck on limit switch

More
26 Oct 2020 14:52 #187315 by prochj51
Hi,

when you hit limit switch, isn't possible to get from the position with override limits check box?

But mine remains grey in all circumstances. Do I have to set something to turn it on?
Now I have to turn off power so I can move with the motors.

Thanks in advance
Jiri
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Oct 2020 14:57 #187316 by Aciera
Replied by Aciera on topic Stuck on limit switch
With some gui's or versions you had to hit the emergency stop and then enable the machine again to be able to tick the "override limits" checkbox. Maybe try that.

More
26 Oct 2020 21:52 #187347 by prochj51
Replied by prochj51 on topic Stuck on limit switch
This worked, thank you.

More
27 Oct 2020 15:45 #187436 by rootboy
Replied by rootboy on topic Stuck on limit switch
Also in my case the overtravel limits are hard-wired into the drives. No amount of GUI bashing is going to get them going again.

The Z axis is no problem, just rotate it by hand off of the overtravel limit and you are good to go. The X axis would have to be disassembled to rotate the ball screw by hand. So for the X axis I will have a set of momentary buttons to creep it off of the overtravel limit. I may also provide a slight bias to get it to go in the direction that I want it to go. But there is also the jog wheel. So I suspect laziness will win out in the end again. :)

There is also a "Zero Offset" pot on the drive, but I would prefer that it doesn't get touched. I had been using it to temporarily set the direction and speed reference when it overtraveled during the initial debug phase, but those days are long since past.

So far we haven't hit the overtravel limits since the lathe motion was debugged, so I'm not sure as to how important anything other than the bypass limits are. But there will be someone in the same boat with the same setup come along eventually...

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds