Basic config for 7i92 and 7i77?

More
13 Apr 2021 01:56 #205757 by cncnewbie2021
Hello all, im new to linuxcnc , have background in electronics but not much programming. Trying to retrofit a lathe using 7i92 and 7i77 2 axis analog servos. So far i have failed misserably, i have retrofitted a couple machines using smoothstepper and mach3/4. I thought id give linuxcnc shot which i should have realized it was beyond my abilities. So my question is is there someone that can generate a HAL file using info i provide and i can pay via paypal. So far i wrote the mesa 7i92_7i77x2d.bit to the card, ran the wizard and can get linuxcnc to start without errors, but havent even connected servos because none of the pin assignments work for switches, estop, mpg etc. I tried looking in hal meter and nothing toggles when i apply low or high to 7i77 inputs. I can tell it does see the 7i77 as when i estop in gui the drive enable pins do change but thats all that works. Anyway in an effort to salvage the money spent on the mesa stuff i can pay for someone to get me a basic working hal config. If not i guess back to simple mach4. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Apr 2021 02:23 - 13 Apr 2021 03:00 #205758 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Basic config for 7i92 and 7i77?
Can you post your existing hal/ini files?

Also what pins did you monitor?
7I77 field inputs require +field voltage (usually +24V) applied to operate
Last edit: 13 Apr 2021 03:00 by PCW.

More
13 Apr 2021 10:30 #205770 by bevins

Hello all, im new to linuxcnc , have background in electronics but not much programming. Trying to retrofit a lathe using 7i92 and 7i77 2 axis analog servos. So far i have failed misserably, i have retrofitted a couple machines using smoothstepper and mach3/4. I thought id give linuxcnc shot which i should have realized it was beyond my abilities. So my question is is there someone that can generate a HAL file using info i provide and i can pay via paypal. So far i wrote the mesa 7i92_7i77x2d.bit to the card, ran the wizard and can get linuxcnc to start without errors, but havent even connected servos because none of the pin assignments work for switches, estop, mpg etc. I tried looking in hal meter and nothing toggles when i apply low or high to 7i77 inputs. I can tell it does see the 7i77 as when i estop in gui the drive enable pins do change but thats all that works. Anyway in an effort to salvage the money spent on the mesa stuff i can pay for someone to get me a basic working hal config. If not i guess back to simple mach4. Thanks

Contact me at bob.bevins AT cnctechproductions . com

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds