Disable jogging until machine is homed

More
18 Jun 2021 06:06 #212312 by MichalHK
Hi all,

is it possible disable all moving (jogging) until hachine is homed first.
For safety reason I would like disable all movings until user press home button.

Thanks Michal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jun 2021 22:29 #212361 by andypugh
I think that this is the default with kinstype=both.

Try adding "kinstype = Both" at the end of of the [KINS]KINEMATICS section of the INI file.

More
18 Jun 2021 22:52 - 18 Jun 2021 22:53 #212363 by BigJohnT
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.8/html/man/man9/kins.9.html

From the man page...

Use kinstype=B (KINEMATICS_BOTH) for configurations that need to move joints independently (joint mode) or as coordinated (teleop) movements in world coordinates.

When using the axis gui with KINEMATICS_BOTH, the ’$’ key is used to toggle between joint and teleop (world) modes.

An axis letter may be used more than once (duplicated) to assign multiple joints to a single axis coordinate letter.
Example: coordinates=xyyzw kinstype=B
Assigns: x==joint0, y==joint1 AND joint2, z==joint3, w==joint4

The above example illustrates a gantry configuration that uses duplicated coordinate letters to indicate that two joints (joint1 and joint2) move a single axis (y). Using kinstype=B allows the configuration to be toggled between joint and world modes of operation. Homing configuration options are available to synchronize the final homing move for selected joints -- see the documentation for Homing Configuration.

NOTES for duplicated coordinates:

When duplicated coordinate letters are used, specifying KINEMATICS_BOTH (kinstype=B) allows a gui to support jogging of each individual joint in joint mode. Caution is required for machines where the movement of a single joint (in a set specified by a duplicated coordinate letter) can lead to gantry racking or other unwanted outcomes. When the kinstype= parameter is omitted, operation defaults to KINEMATICS_IDENTITY (kinstype=1) and a gui may allow jogging based upon a selected axis coordinate letter (or by a keyboard key) before homing is completed and the machine is still in joint mode. The joint selected will depend upon the gui implementation but typically only one of the multiple joints in the set will jog. Consequently, specifying KINEMATICS_BOTH is recommended as it enables support for unambiguous, independent jogging of each individual joint. Machines that implement homing for all joints (including the provisions for synchronizing the final homing move for multiple joints) may be homed at machine startup and automatically switch to world mode where per-coordinate jogging is available.

I don't have kins both on my BP and you can not jog until all axes are homed. Maybe I need to add kins both so I can jog before homing.

JT
Last edit: 18 Jun 2021 22:53 by BigJohnT.

More
18 Jun 2021 23:32 #212369 by andypugh
Right, so I have it back-to-front.

More
30 Sep 2021 12:30 #221888 by jurod
So how disable all moving until machine is homes first ? In version 2.7.xx pin motion.feed-inhibit did it. Very necessary for me.

More
30 Sep 2021 12:40 #221889 by phillc54
If you set the HOME_SEQUENCE of a joint to a negative number then that will inhibit jogging that joint until homed.

More
30 Sep 2021 13:03 #221893 by jurod
Perfect. Thanks.

More
30 Sep 2021 13:37 #221898 by snowgoer540
Just to add to this, generally the numbering for the home sequence starts at 0, but it is also valid to start the numbering at 1.  If you wanted to make all axes disabled, then you would have to start the numbering at 1 instead of 0 so that you can set it negative.  

More
03 Oct 2021 08:51 #222079 by jurod
Yes, does not exist -0.

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds