latch phase

More
04 Sep 2021 03:28 #219572 by wang
latch phase was created by wang
hi

How to understand this term as shown in the picture---latch phase?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Sep 2021 06:08 #219580 by Aciera
Replied by Aciera on topic latch phase
'search phase' and 'latch phase' refer to the two stages in homing.

'search phase' : Machine moves at 'HOME_SEARCH_VEL' speed until it activates the switch and then backs off the switch again.
'latch phase': Machine moves at 'HOME_LATCH_VEL' speed (usually slower then in the 'search phase' to increase accuracy) until it activates the switch and sets the home position.

So 'phase' in this context has nothing to do with the electrical phase, just in case the translation is confusing you.

More
04 Sep 2021 08:42 #219586 by wang
Replied by wang on topic latch phase
Thank you for your answer, but there is a problem that has been bothering me, that is, my zero switch is somewhere in the middle of the journey and not at both ends. How should I determine the direction of my search?

What is the difference between'latch phase' and'search phase'?
Is the'latch phase' just used to improve accuracy? When does it start to work and what is the workflow?

best wishes

More
04 Sep 2021 15:31 - 04 Sep 2021 15:35 #219612 by Aciera
Replied by Aciera on topic latch phase
Yes, the difference is speed. The latch phase is with much lower speed for better accuracy.

I noticed that you have already another thread here forum.linuxcnc.org/49-basic-configuratio...configuration#219570
about the same topic.
Please avoid opening more than one thread on the same topic, it makes answering questions really confusing.

Thanks
Last edit: 04 Sep 2021 15:35 by Aciera.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds