DriveGUI installation guide

More
18 Sep 2021 10:47 #220987 by tommylight
This was posted earlier by user Foxington, unfortunately i was to quick and read only the windows drive part and thought it was spam so i banned him. After a review i did unban him and sent a private message apologizing for the error.
Sorry for the trouble caused by this.

Thank you for your understanding and patience in resolving this.
-
Here is the content of the deleted post.
-

Here is solution for installation windows based DriveGUI software for basic configuration of next servo amplifiers and brands -

Kollmorgen S300/S700
Danaher S300/S700
Telemecanique(Schneider electric) LXM 15, etc..

same solution is possible to use at different configuration software "S400/S600 DRIVE SETUP" for older amplifiers as -
Kollmorgen S400/S600
Danaher S400/S600
Beckhoff AX2000, AX2003, etc...
Telemecanique(Schneider electric) MHDA, etc..

Every ones are same producer high quality Kollmorgen but rebrands...

If somebody will have similar problem follow this steps from beging,

YOU MUST HAVE RS232 COM PORT AT YOU PC TO AVOID ALL PROBLEMS WITH "USB TO RS232 REDUCTIONS" >

1.check your distro of Linux "uname -a", in my case "Linux debian 4.19.0-17-rt-amd64"

2.go to winehg website and choose you distro "wiki.winehq.org"

3.instal winehq via terminal for your distro of Linux"wiki.winehq.org/Debian"

4.download DriveGUI or /* S400/S600 DRIVE SETUP */ from
"www.kollmorgen.com/en-us/developer network/downloads/"

5.open Terminal and go to Downloads "cd /home/user/Downloads/"

6.list avaible file in your directory "ls"

7.copy via mouse right click command full name of you file ... in my case it is "DriveGUI3.4.1Final215a.zip"

8.unzip necessary files via "unzip DriveGUI3.4.1Final215a.zip"

9.list avaible file in your directory "ls"

10.hit install driveGUI via wine "wine DriveGUI3.4.1Final215a.exe"

11.there it will open wine and windows looks window and just hit ... next next next finish like in windows

12.go to your BIOS and find name of your COM port, if you have just ONE you will see only its... in my case it is on address "0x3f8"

13.in terminal show up your all avaible COM ports via command "dmesg |grep ttyS*" in my case it is
"[ 0.240597] console [tty0] enabled

[ 1.541686] 00:03: ttyS0 at I/O 0x3f8 (irq = 4, base_baud = 115200) is a 16550A" and its address is here same and its name it is in Linux "ttyS0"...

14.check all setting of your COM in terminal via "stty -F /dev/ttyS0 -a" in my case
"root@debian:/home/user# stty -F /dev/tty0 -a

speed 9600 baud; rows 48; columns 128; line = 0;"

15.set baud rate to 38400 in terminal via "stty -F /dev/ttyS0 38400", repeat step 14 to verify baud rate.
HERE IS COM PORT SETTED UP...
next we will chcek symbolik links of winehq...

16.go to folder where you have installed winehq via terminal, in my case
"cd
cd /home/user/.wine/dosdevices/"

17.list avaible files via terminal "ls", for default you will have some files like COM1, COM2, etc etc... now follow nxt steps and fill up missing stuff...

18.go to "windows" registers via terminal command "wine regedit", pop up windows looks regedit in the tree ,at left side of window, scroll down to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Hardware\DEVICEMAP\SERIALCOMM" and check if is there at right side of window string with name "\Device\Serial0" and with value "COM1"... if not create new one with "right mouse click - new/key/string" and fill infos higher

19.then in same window go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wine\Ports" and check if string with name "COM1" has value "/dev/ttyS0"... if not create now one with "right mouse click - new/key/string" and fill infos higher

20.exit regedit via menu bar

21.you are still in folder "/home/user/.wine/dosdevices/" and list avaible links here via terminal command "ls -l" ... in my case are
"total 0

lrwxrwxrwx 1 user user 10 Sep 3 12:57 c: -> ../drive_c
lrwxrwxrwx 1 user user 10 Sep 17 09:05 com1 -> /dev/ttyS0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 Sep 16 05:44 COM1 -> /dev/ttyS0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 user user 9 Sep 3 12:57 d:: -> /dev/sdb1
lrwxrwxrwx 1 user user 8 Sep 3 12:57 e:: -> /dev/sdb
lrwxrwxrwx 1 user user 8 Sep 3 12:57 f:: -> /dev/sr0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 user user 1 Sep 3 12:57 z: -> /"
I do not know if it depends at symbols, I created both ones... then if you have not any links between COM1/com1 and /dev/ttyS0 create one via terminal command "ln -s /dev/ttyS0 COM1" ... repeat and check if its avaible links here via terminal command "ls -l"

22.we have linked it right and now...

23.download file below with run script for correct working setup and place them at desktop....

24.NOT RUN DRIVEGUI APP via desktop shortcut because it is not configured right ...

25.allows file to run as program vie ... rigt click on file "DriveGUI.sh"... Properties ... Permissions ... hit check box "allow this file run as a program"

26.it is ready to run...

27.just double click or run it via terminal "DriveGUI.sh", it is just path to file with right configuration + run command there
"cd
cd /home/user/.wine/drive_c/'Program Files'/Kollmorgen/DriveGUI/
sudo wine DriveGUI.exe"
and pop up "communication menu" is here...

save you timelife and enjoy it guys!!!

Redards Slav
The following user(s) said Thank You: kenedy1, foxington, marke

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Sep 2021 12:14 - 18 Sep 2021 12:17 #220992 by foxington
run file from step 23. is here below...

but need to change extension DriveGui.txt to extension DriveGui.sh as script
Attachments:
Last edit: 18 Sep 2021 12:17 by foxington.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, Aciera

More
18 Sep 2021 17:18 #221029 by tommylight
Sorry for the mess ...

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds