Homing suddenly jacked up

More
09 Nov 2021 14:44 #225831 by mundele
I've built a PrintNC wood router CNC. Running GMOCCAPY currently.  Had been running fine, Config mostly static for a few weeks.  Ran successfully yesterday. Went out to do a quick cut tonight, Tried to home the machine and Z won't home.

My Z zero is 0, the switch is at +10 and the min limit (lowest) is -130.  When I homed Z it moves up to the limit switch (inductive) and never stops.  my position is counted up so it's way out of bounds.  I guess my stepper to ballscrew coupling is slipping when Z hits the hard limit.  

I'm using a Mesa 7i96.  I can physically see the limit switch change when I test it with a piece of metal, so I'm pretty sure it's not hardware.  I've messed with resetting linuxcnc.vars and position.txt to get back in "good range" of position for Z.  I'm stumped. HalShow (watch) shows that "pin" change but I'm not convinced it's happening correctly.  I don't know what else could have changed.

Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Nov 2021 20:32 #225870 by mundele
Replied by mundele on topic Homing suddenly jacked up
Limit switched died. not sure how it appears to work on the Mesa but replacing it fixes my issue.

More
09 Nov 2021 21:01 #225874 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Homing suddenly jacked up

Limit switched died. not sure how it appears to work on the Mesa but replacing it fixes my issue.You need to always test in halshow. 

You need to always test in halshow. I've found that when prox sensors fail, their light still comes on but there is no signal. Same as you.

More
09 Nov 2021 21:08 #225876 by bevins
Replied by bevins on topic Homing suddenly jacked up
yeah, and that's annoying.....
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

Time to create page: 0.134 seconds