LinuxCNC questions

More
07 Mar 2022 02:51 #236557 by Vmax549
LinuxCNC questions was created by Vmax549
Hi Guys a couple of quick questions. In LinuxCNC
Can you refhome an axis while stopped for a tool change(M6) ??
Can you turn OFF the function that stops the program run if it sees either the probe trip OR tool setter trip ??
How well does M19 work ???

Thanks for the Time , (;-) TP

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Mar 2022 17:33 #236694 by Todd Zuercher
Replied by Todd Zuercher on topic LinuxCNC questions
No,
Yes, (I think) But even if there isn't it would be simple to use an and2 in your hal file to add a hal pin that you could use to disable your probe input signal so that it would be ignored when you want.

I've never used M19, but I'm sure how well it works or can work will depend on what hardware you have and how you've configured it, and how you have the spindle control configured in Linuxcnc.

More
10 Mar 2022 00:42 #236802 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic LinuxCNC questions
You can, if you want, gate the probe signal based on the motion type, so that the probe is only active on probe moves.

If I was doing this I would probably use a mux_generic as that accepts an integer input, and motion.motion-type is an S32.
You would still need to conver the S32 motion type to U32 for the mux_generic.sel-int
The advantage of doing it this way is that you have control of which motion-types get the probe value, and can control the default input for the other motion types.

(so typicaly you would setp inputs 0,1,2,3 & 6 to 1 (or 0) and then net 4 and 5 to the actual probe / toolsetter.)

linuxcnc.org/docs/2.8/html/man/man9/motion.9.html
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.8/html/man/man9/mux_generic.9.html

Rather than try to guess what of this is not obvious, I will encourage you to ask.

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds