Turn on linuxcnc for the first time and enable the abnormal action of the motor

More
25 May 2022 09:39 #243770 by yi2580
Hello everyone, I encountered new problems when using. I closed the software linuxcnc and opened it again. When I enabled the motor again, the motor would move loudly. I felt like I had returned to the position when I closed the software and jogged the shaft last time. But if I don't close the software and turn on and off the enable, the motor won't move. Is there a problem where I haven't configured it? I don't know how to solve this problem. I hope someone can help me solve this problem. Thank you very much.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 May 2022 13:48 #243794 by PCW
Sounds like an issue with the drives.

What kind of drives are they?

They may have an reset input input or mode that resets
the drive when enable is removed.

More
26 May 2022 01:00 #243863 by yi2580
Hello, thank you very much for your answer. In order to improve efficiency, I changed to ether cat driver. I asked the driver customer service. The customer service staff said that it might be a software problem. The driver said that there was no reset input. How can I cancel resetting the driver during startup? Thank you again for your reply

More
26 May 2022 02:56 #243867 by PCW
OK It looks like you are not getting feedback position from the drive, this is likely
a hal setup error

More
26 May 2022 03:36 #243869 by yi2580
First of all, thank you for your patient answer. It may be the Hal file setting error, but this problem will occur only when the software is restarted. This problem will not occur when the software is not restarted but only enabled. How can I modify Hal file correctly? Thank you for your guidance

More
26 May 2022 14:12 #243895 by PCW
That is the expected result if linuxCNC is not getting the feedback position from your drive
and the drive position changes without LinuxCNC reading the new position.
I'm not sure what hal pin has the feedback position but this must come from the drive and be connected to the proper joint position feedback pin in your hal file.

More
27 May 2022 06:17 #243969 by yi2580
Hello, thank you. I think I have correctly configured the Hal file and drive, because only when I open the software to enable the motor for the first time, will the motor make abnormal noise and move. The subsequent enabling motors are very good. I don't know where I got it wrong.

More
27 May 2022 10:55 #243979 by tommylight
Check the DRO while the software is on but not enabled, if the numbers change, wire the enable signal properly to drives.

More
27 May 2022 15:14 #243995 by PCW

Hello, thank you. I think I have correctly configured the Hal file and drive, because only when I open the software to enable the motor for the first time, will the motor make abnormal noise and move. The subsequent enabling motors are very good. I don't know where I got it wrong.

Still sounds like LinuxCNC is not getting the feedback position from the drive, because LinuxCNC should set
its commanded position = feedback position when changing to the enabled state so there should be no
jump in the commanded position.

More
30 May 2022 01:32 #244172 by yi2580

Check the DRO while the software is on but not enabled, if the numbers change, wire the enable signal properly to drives.

I checked the dro, but the number did not change. Each time I started, the dro value was the same as the last time I started it

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds