Tool Changer example

More
29 Sep 2022 21:01 #253050 by Diel
Tool Changer example was created by Diel
Hi everyone!
I am setting up a vertical Cincinati milling center with analog servodrives and analog spindle. Everything is working good.
Now, I have to set up the tool changer and I would like to look at an example.
My tool changer is non random, it is a disk with 16 tool pockets and it have a pneumatic cilinder that moves the disk to the spindle position.
Z axis have to be positioned first at the disk coordinate. Once the disk moves to spindle position the disk hold the tool. The tool release valve have to be set and the Z have to move up. When Z gets in the higger position, the disk rotates up to the tool programed and then Z move down and the tool clamp valve will be set. To finish, the disk is moved back to rest position.
I usually configure tool changer with Fagor and Siemens controls. With the LinuxCNC I am kind of do not know how to start.

Any examples with help a lot. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Sep 2022 21:05 #253051 by Diel
Replied by Diel on topic Tool Changer example
Just to complement, I am using Mesa 7i77 + 7i84

More
29 Sep 2022 22:14 #253059 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Tool Changer example
Have a look here, there should be a config in the attachments on that topic that uses the same type of toolchanger, but not sure if it was the fully functional version.

More
30 Sep 2022 00:39 #253069 by JPL
Replied by JPL on topic Tool Changer example

Have a look here, there should be a config in the attachments on that topic that uses the same type of toolchanger, but not sure if it was the fully functional version.

Huh? Is there supposed to be a link or something between 'here' and 'there'

More
30 Sep 2022 01:12 #253072 by tommylight

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds