MPG setup for lathe

More
08 Dec 2022 21:10 #258912 by 109jb
MPG setup for lathe was created by 109jb
Not sure if I'm posting in the right place, but I'm starting planning for setting up my lathe for CNC.  My goal is to have a lathe that can be operated in program mode like any other CNC lathe, but also operate in a pseudo manual mode from the jog screen. For this I am thinking of 3 MPG wheels. The first 2 would control X and Z. No magic here and done plenty of times that I have found. The difference is that I would like the 3rd MPG to perform coordinated motion of the X and Z to simulate a manual lathe compound slide. What I envision is setting the "compound angle" in the GUI and then when you turn that MGP in jog mode that it would move the X and Z in coordinated motion to achieve the angle desired. How would one go about setting this up?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Dec 2022 23:08 #258928 by JPL
Replied by JPL on topic MPG setup for lathe
There's a recent (ongoing) discussion about this right here: forum.linuxcnc.org/38-general-linuxcnc-q...e-lathe-mode?start=0

So, yes, it is possible using the work made by dgarrett.

More
08 Dec 2022 23:24 #258931 by JPL
Replied by JPL on topic MPG setup for lathe
Just saw that the there's already a commit for this. The component can be found here: github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/blob/master...onents/anglejog.comp

Sim config (axis) is here: github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/tree/master...gs/sim/axis/anglejog

More
09 Dec 2022 01:55 #258957 by 109jb
Replied by 109jb on topic MPG setup for lathe
That's great!!! Thank you. I will give it a try in SIM mode shortly.

Time to create page: 0.226 seconds