Problems with MesaCT and 7i96

More
09 Dec 2022 06:28 #258961 by Bastler0815
Good morning

Since I don't speak English this request is computer translated. (www.deepl.com)
I have a question about MesaCT.
I want to start up a CNC mill with a spindle that needs PWM.
I am using LINUXCNC 2.8.4 and a Mesa 7i96 with 7i84 via SmartSerial.
My limit switches are connected to the 7i96 TB3 IO-0 to IO-5.
MesaCT does not load the settings for 7i96 TB3 (IO-0 to IO11 and OUT-0-to OUT-5) into the 7i96, the settings for TB1 and TB2 are loaded. If I connect the limit switches to the 7i84 it works. But I need the IO and OUT of the 7i96 also.see ReadHMID.pdf
I can exclude a hardware error because a configuration with PNCconf works and I can drive successfully reference. But PNCconf can not provide the firmware 7i96d_1pwm for the PWM spindle. (Why not ?) That's why I wanted to use MesaCT. But I fail also here. Who can help me ?Joerg from Lohmen/Sa

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Dec 2022 10:19 #259068 by andypugh
The (unsatisfactory) answer is probably that the config tools are not aware of this firmware combination and don't handle it.

However, the HAL and INI files are deliberately human-readable and editable, and it is expected that in many cases manual enhancements will need to be made (to HAL especially).

The HAL and INI that you attached looked like they should work for the axes and spindle, what exactly is it that you need to add?

More
10 Dec 2022 12:57 #259091 by Bastler0815
Thanks for the response

The answer to your question is: I want to see the limit switches working, later I will add a tool changer.
It is confusing for me when Configuration with PNCconf sets up the limit switches in the machine.hal and it works. With MesaCT in the machine.ini and io.hal and it doesn't work. I think either I can not operate MasaCT correctly or it is still a bug in MesaCT. That MesaCT can not set up limit switches when you connect a 7i96 with a 7i84 I actually can not believe. Maybe the developer knows further.

The IO.hal is unfortunately missing in my 1.post.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.267 seconds